Coral Breeze vs. Rhony (****-tubing.com)

gogirl1956

We used Coral Breeze in January for bannister Island. They were very helpful and polite. I am not sure how their cave tubing is.

We used Yvonny 2 yrs ago for cave tubing. A great tour! Highly recommend them!! We had 5 guides with us. You have to connect on to inner tubes with your feet. The kids were a little afraid so they had a guide at the beginning and end of them. They also got out of the tubes and pushed us in the parts were the water was to shallow. After the tour they take you to lunch if you want.

IMHO I prefer Major Tom. The walk to the river was like a history lesson. I thought it would be long and tedious but learning jungle survival, which bugs were edible, tasting different fauna was a great education. There was one plant that tasted like a watermelon/cucumber combination that was loaded with water and could sustain you if lost for a period of time. Not everyone wants to learn that stuff but I loved it! We had a small group of 10 and 2 guides. We connected in a chain as well. They were very professional and I felt safe at all times.

You prefer Major Tom? Does that mean you've done the cave tubing with multiple companies or does it mean that you went with Major Tom and enjoyed it?

I asked this in another thread and no one has replied. One of our Miracle Roll Call people (who has been on 30+ cruises) recommended Coral Breeze but I don't read much about them here.

I'd just like to read a recent review of their tour.

Major Tom is the runnaway winner here.thesawch from Canada

I have used the services of several tour operators when taking the cave tubing excursion and found that Major Tom provides the best overall tour regarding knowledge, professionalism and safety for his guests.... Kudos to Major Tom and his FUN CREW !

IMHO I prefer Major Tom. The walk to the river was like a history lesson. I thought it would be long and tedious but learning jungle survival, which bugs were edible, tasting different fauna was a great education. There was one plant that tasted like a watermelon/cucumber combination that was loaded with water and could sustain you if lost for a period of time. Not everyone wants to learn that stuff but I loved it! We had a small group of 10 and 2 guides. We connected in a chain as well. They were very professional and I felt safe at all times.

Did you get to taste the minty flavor of the termites ?? :D

Again, my question to y'all is have you done multiple excursions with different companies?

People always "vote" for the excursion they took, but you can't say you "prefer" one over the other if you haven't done both!

Know what I mean? :p

So are you folks just giving a thumbs-up for the trip you took or are you saying you've done both and actually prefer one over the other.

It isn't the same. It's difficult to get comparisons because usually people, if they're going to repeat an excursion, will go with the one they've already done, provided they enjoyed it.

Again, my question to y'all is have you done multiple excursions with different companies?

People always "vote" for the excursion they took, but you can't say you "prefer" one over the other if you haven't done both!

Know what I mean? :p

So are you folks just giving a thumbs-up for the trip you took or are you saying you've done both and actually prefer one over the other.

It isn't the same. It's difficult to get comparisons because usually people, if they're going to repeat an excursion, will go with the one they've already done, provided they enjoyed it.

I have done cave tubing with three tour operators and found that Major Tom provided the best tour based on his knowledge, and overall experience on his tour. I will be back in Belize to visit the condo we purchased in July of 2007 that is currently under construction and am planning on another cave tubing tour with Tom.

Can't tell you how much I love reading this!!! We have a group of 18 that will be with Major Tom in just a few weeks. Can't wait!!!!!

Can't tell you how much I love reading this!!! We have a group of 18 that will be with Major Tom in just a few weeks. Can't wait!!!!!

Please tell him Travel "angel" curtis says Hi and is healing and willl be in touch with him. HAVE A GREAT TIME on your excursion !

Archived