Parade on Mariner

Hi,

We are going on Mariner 3/2/08. I would like to know about the parade. What is it like? Our room over looks promanade. I would like to know how long is the parade and what they do?

Thanks,

Maria

During the parade there will be ship's staff in costume, plus some folks on stilts, and things that look like Chinese dragons. The music plays loud, and everyone lines the promenade. It's fun to watch. There aren't floats or anything like that, but it's a nice diversion. We usually find a table at the wine bar and watch it go by.

If I recall correctly, there are at least 2 parades throughout the sailing. We normally skip most of them except for the "dancing through the ages" one.

Thanks. We will watch it from our window.

Maria

Maria, we always have a promenade cabin and with the exception of our first cruise, we watch the parade from our room. This is easy if you're on Deck 6 and Deck 7 isn't too bad but I would think that Deck 8 would be a little difficult.....not sure, just my opinion.

If you decide to go down to the promenade area to watch it, get there early. Also have to make sure that you are sitting/standing along the edge of the walking area, otherwise people will just step right in front of you and they are 4,5 or 6 deep.

Have fun.

Archived