Grand Cayman

New Seagirl

Am sailing on the Triumph 6/26 hooray, and was wondering if anyone has info to share re what to do in Grand Cayman? Know the snorkeling is great, but what else to do. There seems to be mounds of info about things to do places not to miss at the other ports - Cozumel, Ocho Rios, but I cant find anything about Grand Cayman. Any places a must see?

Seagirl,

The most popular things are the Turtle Farm, Stingray City, and Seven Mile Beach. I was there last year and we did Stingray City then spent some time on Seven Mile beach. The day we were there it was windy and all of the ships tours to Stingray City were cancelled but we did one right off of the dock and made it out there. I, unfortunately, am not a good swimmer so I didn't get in the water because of the waves. I still enjoyed it though. The waves then made for some great body surfing on Seven Mile beach later that day.

Big Red Boat - 6/97
Ocean Princess - 3/2001
Explorer of the Seas - 3/2003
Star Princess - 03/2005

• 4 weeks later...
Did Stingray city on Grand Cayman Isle a few years ago and it was great, fantastic, lots of fun. Booked thru Captain Marvin (found a link somewear). We did a half day tour, 4 hours I think, with three stops, 15 people on the boat (cruise tour had 75) and cheaper than cruise tour. Two thumbs up.

Archived