Formal Wear on 4 Day NYC-New Brunswick?

We've never cruised before.. Think this cruise will have formal night?

I feel your tax pain! Yikes that is quite the increase! Anyway...I think formal night is the first sea day. I think I found capers on webshots.

We've never cruised before.. Think this cruise will have formal night?

We live in CT so I understand all too well! We are also taking this cruise (in June, on Carnival), and I think the formal evening is the 2nd night. I heard the first night is not the formal because not everyone has their luggage in time. It is also our first cruise, so don't quote me!

We live in CT so I understand all too well! We are also taking this cruise (in June, on Carnival), and I think the formal evening is the 2nd night. I heard the first night is not the formal because not everyone has their luggage in time. It is also our first cruise, so don't quote me!

Oh great! Actually we're hoping to go on the June 10th cruise as well! :)

I also heard the same thing about the first night not being formal night either. We'll see!

Carnival ALWAYS has a formal night on EVERY cruise- Even the cruises for the weekend that go to nowhere.

Formal night is usually the next day after boarding which is your second day.

You will never see a formal night the day you board or will you see a formal night the night before you are getting off.

Oh great! Actually we're hoping to go on the June 10th cruise as well! :)

I also heard the same thing about the first night not being formal night either. We'll see!

DD & I are on the 6/10 Victory and I was also wondering if they were going to have an 'elegant evening' as it is now called. That change has just gone into effect in the last couple of weeks.

She's in a wedding the week before so we may just pack that dress if we find it travels well to and from the wedding.

We've done both the four and five-day cruises on Victory out of NYC; each time, formal night has been the first sea day. You'll see lots of suits, jackets/ties, and a few tuxes for men (my DH and sons in the latter group:)); for women, you'll see a few gowns, cocktail dresses, and "Sunday" dresses/skirts/blouses. There will be a Captain's party before dinner, probably in the aft lounges on the Promenade deck. About all you won't find on the four-day cruise is a past guest party, if you've sailed with Carnival previously.

Archived