How to know if ship is full???

SunnyCal

To all you experienced cruisers: I have booked two cabins on the Sun next summer. From other posts, it seems people can tell if their cruise is full? Is there a way to find out this info besides talking to the travel agent? I am just wondering/wishing that the prices might come down a bit if cabins are vacant closer to sailing.

Thanks.

some people do regular checks with one or another of the large on-line agencys as the cabins sell out closer to sailing if indeed the cruise seels out they may only offer suites, as we can not mention names I will refrain but if you do a search for cruise prices or cruises' you will find a number of them. I guess that is one way. Having said that the way things have ben going I doubt the $$ will drop because of open cabins, but we can hope can't we?............................good luck

One positive way to find out if the ship is full is when you check in at the Princess Counter. There is usually a sign that says, "No upgrades available, ship is full/sold out".

Prior to that, if your cabin is desirable and Princess can sell it and an upgrade is available, you will get an upgrade. Our experience with Princess is that most cruises are sold out ahead of time. We've gotten an upgrade about every third cruise.

Archived