N. London, CT -- Ship's Tour or Local Bus?

Maraprince

Anyone gone to Mystic Seaport in New London, CT? Is it better to do a ship's tour or is there a local bus we can take to the Seaport? If there is a bus, what is the fare and what do they take -- exact fare, coins, paper money?

We would like to see the Seaport more relaxed that just being allowed to stay there for about a hour if we are on a tour. We wil be there at the end of July.

MARAPRINCE:)

You know, I don't know that there are private transportations to Mystic, other than you can get a taxi. I'm sure that there are taxi's at the port when you arrive. I live in the area and this last summer was the first year for cruise ships in New London so I'm sure there are still more "enterprises" popping up. I'd be happy to look further into this for you and give you whatever info I find. If you wish, e-mail me at dedel963@comcast.net for any info about the area.

Happy Cruising!

Dede

There is no way you could do both the acquarium and the Seaport in a day.... Really, each is a day trip in itself, so if the the tour is an hour and a half seaport stop with plus the acq... I would go with the tour. On your own you would pay full price for a full day at each.

In any event, I would not want to take a bus on my own from New London to Mystic.

• 5 weeks later...

The Seaport is just beautiful, and you could walk to the downtown area afterward to see the sights along the river and the Historic Drawbridge. Plenty of easily accessible taxi's. We love it there!

Archived