Anyone get a new passport recently?

FSUSammy

Hi everyone! If you got a brand new (not a renewal) passport recently how long did it take from the time of applying? We applied for DS's first passport last Wednesday and they told me anywhere from 4-8 weeks.

Of course I'm hoping for a lot sooner I didn't rush it because at this time we don't have any definite cruise plans.

Thanks!

Hi everyone! If you got a brand new (not a renewal) passport recently how long did it take from the time of applying? We applied for DS's first passport last Wednesday and they told me anywhere from 4-8 weeks.

Of course I'm hoping for a lot sooner I didn't rush it because at this time we don't have any definite cruise plans.

Thanks!

When we applied for ours the first part of January, it was very quick. About 2 and a half weeks.

My DH, DD and I got ours in about 2 1/2 weeks and we are in rural NV. Our original documents arrived sep. a day or two later. (they don't tell u this so we panicked when we got the pp first). We did regular speed. Warning though, the closer to summer the longer they take.

I applied for my passport during the second week of January, and I received it within 2-3 weeks. The DMV told me it'd be 6-8. I was at the post office a few hours before I went to the DMV and asked them about it. They said they had been hearing of people receiving theirs within 3-4, so I wasn't too worried.

DH applied for his passport 2/16 and received it today. Applied for DS and DD on 2/23 and DD is processed and in the mail, DS passport hasnt been received by state department and neither has other DD who applied last week.

DH applied for his passport 2/16 and received it today. Applied for DS and DD on 2/23 and DD is processed and in the mail, DS passport hasnt been received by state department and neither has other DD who applied last week.

If you go to the passport website you can track it, but it can take 7-10 days to show up. They also have contact info so you can have them look into it. They will make you wait a certain period of time before they will run a search. Email contact response time is usually faster.

We applied in early Dec and we thought it would take a long time to get them as it was almost vacation time, but we got ours in less than 3 weeks. Funny though....our son who goes to school in Syracuse got his processed there, and his came in less than 2 weeks. They seem to have the time issue under control.:rolleyes:

Archived