Internet Cafe on Dawn - do we have to use the email address assigned to us by NCL?

ds521

This is our first time cruising with NCL, but our 8th cruise. We've always kept in touch with family by using our AOL account and email address, but I just noticed on the FAQ page that we're to give our friends and family our personalized email address that's printed on our cruise ticket.

"All our ships are equipped with 24 hour Internet Cafés. Give your friends and family back home your personalized email address (printed on your cruise ticket) and stay in touch throughout your cruise."

Can anyone tell me if this is true or if there's an advantage to using that email address rather than our own?

Thanks in advance!

You should avoid using the email address NCL gave you due to cost. You can use aol, yahoo, gmail, etc. Webmail is painfully slow, but okay for low volume.

Personally, I would never use AOL, bu tthat is a personal opinion. Don't get me started on that.

You can even bring your own laptop and use that. As part of the "price" of our vacations, MsEscada and I check in to work every day via our laptops. I have a tiny 2.8lb Vaio I LOVE that's everything I need...I even VPN in if I need to.

We've NEVER used NCL's email address and have been using the internet and the wireless connections since 2003.

Archived