Martini/Margerita Clinics

shrtzy3

Hey I was wondering if someone could tell me anything at all about the martini clinics. Do they cost additional? How long etc. I'll be on the Gem 3/15.

There are several boards on this site, that go into this in detail. Take a moment :rolleyes: .......Scroll through, you will find many replies!

Hey I was wondering if someone could tell me anything at all about the martini clinics. Do they cost additional? How long etc. I'll be on the Gem 3/15.

The charge is $15. When we went we sampled four different martinis and I think it lasted about an hour.:)

The martini clinic is $15 and can be shared with another person. We did it separately; unless you are a heavy drinker (and I can drink a lot) or plan to partake of the clinic and spend the rest of the evening and night in bed I suggest you share. We had a wonderful time, be sure and give it a try.

Nita

The martini clinic is $15 and can be shared with another person. We did it separately; unless you are a heavy drinker (and I can drink a lot) or plan to partake of the clinic and spend the rest of the evening and night in bed I suggest you share. We had a wonderful time, be sure and give it a try.

Nita

Or unless it's a sea day and you have nothing better to do than use it as a good start to a day of drinking. :p I'm not sure about the Margaritas, but the Martini's are good and strong. You are guaranteed to see some people stumble away when it's over and some stay at the bar when it's over, give a "what the heck" shrug and order a full martini while canceling their afternoon plans. :D LOL! I've been there before. Never got to make that line dancing class and I would of been a disgrace if I would of tried. ;)

Or unless it's a sea day and you have nothing better to do than use it as a good start to a day of drinking. :p I'm not sure about the Margaritas, but the Martini's are good and strong. You are guaranteed to see some people stumble away when it's over and some stay at the bar when it's over, give a "what the heck" shrug and order a full martini while canceling their afternoon plans. :D LOL! I've been there before. Never got to make that line dancing class and I would of been a disgrace if I would of tried. ;)

plus you start out as a bunch of strangers and by the time the hour is up you know everyones life history. WE had such a good time we went back to our cabin and almost missed our dinner reservations at Le Bistro. I was with my DD, both of us do like to indulge in a little booze from time to time: most of the time. lol

We were on the Pearl a year ago and did the martini tasting nearly every day. It was great fun. Met a lot of people, and four full-sized martinis for $15 was a great deal.

Last month on the Sun there was only one martini tasting, and the glasses were half-size. We asked the food and beverage manager if they could do a margarita tasting, and he set it up. Again, they used the smaller glasses. Still had fun both times, but it's just not what it used to be.

My wife and I just got off the 9 day Pearl trip. Had an awsome time. This was our fourth cruise and by far the best. As to the Martini's, I love a great martini and I for one think the bartenders did a fantastic job. The guys at the Spinikers lounge were, for us anyway, the best on the ship.

Thanks NCL for a great cruise.

Say Hi to Armando and tll him the OGGs said hi. We had a blast with him and the clinic is a bargain at $15.00. Ask him about the wheelchair.:D

Nita

You can share? Even tho it specifically state $15 per person?

Say Hi to Armando and tll him the OGGs said hi. We had a blast with him and the clinic is a bargain at $15.00. Ask him about the wheelchair.:D

Hi Greg. My only cruise regret is I didn't get a signed Martini Menu like Fil did. Armando was definitly a hit. From wheelchair one person to another.

If you're used to ordering martinis and want to taste some of the more "exotic" martinis (i.e. something other than the Cosmopolitan or the apple martini) - then go to the SECOND martini tasting they offer.

We sailed on the Spirit and went to the first martini tasting (first day at sea). We paid $15 for 5 nearly full-sized martinis. It was fun (the bartender gave us trivia questions to keep us busy while the mixed each new drink) - but all of the martinis we tasted were pretty standard fare. They offered another martini tasting later in the cruise and that's the one where they broke out the slightly more unusual drinks (espresso martini, etc.).

Considering most drinks cost nearly $10/piece...paying $15 for almost 5 full (and very strong) drinks was a good deal!

Archived