Yippeeee - Crown Plaza - San Pedro/October

afcj1

My bid for this location was accepted by Priceline for $65.00 + $16.98 (taxes) = $81.98. Also, they have a shuttle that'll take you around within a 5 mile radius. COSTCO is calling...they do sell liquor, right:confused:

Definitely HAPPY:D

It seems like $65.00 is the "magic" price. One less thing to take care of!

That's a great price, I am paying $152 + taxes in May on their so called "internet rate". I was looking up Costco and the closest location seems to be in Torrrance which is just over the 5 mile radius. I am just thinking that by the time you tip the shuttle driver each way, as I don't think he will wait, you might be just as well to go to a Vons or Albertsons and pay the little extra. I am hoping that I can find one close by.

There is a liquor store one block west of the Crowne Plaza at the corner of 7th and Mesa. Also, a fine wine shoppe at the corner of 6th and Pacific. All within walking distance of the Crowne Plaza.

Disclaimer: My wife and I own the wine shoppe...Off The Vine

There is a liquor store one block west of the Crowne Plaza at the corner of 7th and Mesa. Also, a fine wine shoppe at the corner of 6th and Pacific. All within walking distance of the Crowne Plaza.

Hey 'OffTheVine' -- You'll give us the family discount when we wander into your store on March 29 to pick up a couple bottles before our cruise in Vision right? ;-)

Sounds good to me:)

Can you give me the details of what you used to get that great deal on priceline? What area did you do a search for and what category of hotel? I've seen this before but have not been able to find out the above questions. Thanks.

After you sign into your PL account, go to "name your own price". Put in your city and enter "bid now". The next screen will have different options for *'s, area and bid. I'll always begin with 4*, then down to 3* if necessary. Never any lower. I'll always do some checking on the internet for prices first, then look on the boards for winning bid amounts, but if the search on CC isn't working (like usual) try Google, etc. For the Crown Plaza, since everyone seemed to be getting it for $65.00, I just went for that amount.

Just realize that there's no guarantees of what you might get, which is why I stick to 3* and higher.

Good Luck:)

Crowne Plaza pics and info in case you haven't seen them before:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=601984

PS the only 3* hotels in San Pedro currently are Crowne Plaza and Doubletree, so those are the only options to get at that level.

That way you know that you are getting one or the other...

Also, if you are looking for something to do (out of the ordinary) with some extra time near Crown Plaza (or Doubletree) here is a tour of film locations and sights right nearby.

You can do some or all, or just get the Crown Plaza or Doubletree shuttles to drop you off at one of the main spots...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=567043

Crowne Plaza pics and info in case you haven't seen them before:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=601984

PS the only 3* hotels in San Pedro currently are Crowne Plaza and Doubletree, so those are the only options to get at that level.

That way you know that you are getting one or the other...

Also, if you are looking for something to do (out of the ordinary) with some extra time near Crown Plaza (or Doubletree) here is a tour of film locations and sights right nearby.

You can do some or all, or just get the Crown Plaza or Doubletree shuttles to drop you off at one of the main spots...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=567043

WOW! What a phenomenol job:)

I printed all of your info and will be taking it with me.

Thanks again.

We are going on a Mexican Riviera cruise May 18th on the Pride out of Long Beach and will be staying in San Pedro the night before the cruise. Since we are driving from Central California, we will need to find a hotel that has a park and cruise pkg. I have read that Doubletree, Sunrise, and Vagabond have it available. I heard bad things about Vagabond and not much better about Sunrise, so I got a price from Doubletree-Standard, 1 rm/4 persons/2 qns for $215 after taxes. This seems like much more than other posts I have read. I tried going through the hotel directly and also Expedia. Little cheaper through Expedia but still alot. I think Crown Plaza was also pricey. Any suggestions from anyone would be appreciated. Also, what is there to do in Long Beach/San Pedro the day before?

Thanks for your help!

Archived