Holland Zaandam Cabins Concern

davbensch

My wife and I and her sister and husband are taking a cruise to Alaska at the end of August. Because my sister-in-law has trouble walking we were booked by our TA cabins on the Lower Promenade Deck, cabin D3385 and D3387 near the elevators. I have discovered that we are probably under the Main Galley on deck 4, the Promenade Deck. How much of a noise issue is this going to be and if there is a noise issue, how late in the evening will we have to hear the noise?

I have previously read that cabins located under the galley can be very noisy, with the sounds of food carts be pushed until the wee hours.

Under the miscellany portion of the below link mentions that cabins under the galley were noisy.

http://www.sealetter.com/Jun-00/zaan700.html

You should consider an inside cabin on the Navigation deck which just one deck below the Lido, very easy to get to by elevator.

Good Luck.

Jonathan

We have switched to a Main Deck cabin (I have a new post on that). It is an adjoining room which we will always keep locked as the other couple is keeping their original room. It is across from a service area, but I was told that there is no house keeping at night so I don't think noise should be a problem.

Archived