zip lining

roostermom

We are planning to go zip lining next month when were in Costa Rica. How does one carry water, camera etc. Can you bring a book bag or a belly pouch. I guess you need water so was wondering how others who have gone carried there stuff. Also how does it work. Do you take a bus or whatever to the top or do you have to hike. We are taking the ecursion that is in our caribbean handbook thru the ship. any help would be greatly appreciate. Any info Thanks

Robin

We went ziplining in Dominica. Don't worry about getting there; if you booked through the ship there will be a van with driver waiting for you at the pier. You have to put all of your stuff in a locked storage cabinet; can't carry anything because you have to use both hands for the ziplining. It only takes about half an hour, so you don't need water with you. I carried a little camera on a wrist strap so I could take pictures from the platform (pix of other people, obviously); you are so busy zipping that you cannot really take pictures. But it is so much fun! Have a great time!

Lou-Ann

We just got back from zip line in Costa rica. Booked a tour through Okeydokey tours. They mets us when we got off boat. Took us through a banana plantation, then to zip line on a small bus. The eight of us age 12 through 60 had a blast. Don't need water. You can leave valuables on bus. Camera,, carry on self. Totally safe and fun.

• 5 months later...
We just got back from zip line in Costa rica. Booked a tour through Okeydokey tours. They mets us when we got off boat. Took us through a banana plantation, then to zip line on a small bus. The eight of us age 12 through 60 had a blast. Don't need water. You can leave valuables on bus. Camera,, carry on self. Totally safe and fun.

Hi there, I could really use some advise on this zip lining thing. My DH really wants to try it (neither of us have done this before). My problem is that I'm a little afraid of heights but more afraid that zip lining will feel like a roller coaster going down. My stomach is not big on roller coasters. For those of you who have done this before can you please let me know what it feels like going down the lines. Thanks Angela

Archived