Labadee Haiti

karenj4546

We're heading out on Celebrity to Haiti. From tripadvisor, I've seen the water park (have 2 14 y/o's who want to do both the park and the slide). Do I need to prebook or can we do it when we see what's there?

Thanks,

Karen

• 2 weeks later...
We're heading out on Celebrity to Haiti. From tripadvisor, I've seen the water park (have 2 14 y/o's who want to do both the park and the slide). Do I need to prebook or can we do it when we see what's there?

Thanks,

Karen

Not sure if you have to pre-book, but you are going to love Labadee...... that is always our destination of choice!:D

• 4 weeks later...

United States Department of State Haiti travel warning

April 11, 2008

This Travel Warning is being issued to inform American citizens of violent demonstrations in Haiti and to urge American citizens to defer non-essential travel to the country. Official Americans are restricted from travel to Haiti. American citizens visiting Haiti should consider departing as soon as circumstances permit. Americans in Haiti should remain vigilant in regard to their personal security, take commonsense precautions, and avoid any event where crowds may congregate. The violence may result in occasional limitation of Embassy operations to emergency services. Americans are also reminded of ongoing security concerns in Haiti, including frequent kidnappings of Americans for ransom.

<http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_917.html>

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080412/wl_nm/haiti_dc_6

Just off the top of my head, I'd expect your stop at Labadee to be canceled. If it is not, be extra careful or stay on the ship. With the ships bringing in food for vacationers, it is possible (although hopefully unlikely) that a mob could break through the fencing there to try and steal the food brought in by a visiting ship.

I know, sounds a bit alarmist, but better a bit paranoid in this case than caught off guard if something weird does happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Labadee is a gated penisula patrolled by armed security, I've not read on the RCI board about anyone's stops there being cancelled.

With regards the original question, you can book in advance via the RCI website, book on board via your stateroom tv or by visiting guest relations.

We had a wonderful day at Labadee and really enjoyed the Zip Line!

Have a great trip.

• 3 months later...

I've been to Labadee 3 times and I love it. My absolute favorite. But I was put on a list today by the Red Cross Blood Services so that I cannot donate blood for a year because I was in Labadee. I've donated blood in the past after being there, but this year they are stricter. I wouldn't have left the ship if I knew that. Not really too sure on the locals that trade at the marketplace. It is one of those things that could get bad. I would skip it next time and stay on the ship. Don't want risk of disease or violence.

Archived