Chico's Paradise

JolieMadam

We will be in Puerta Vallarta on the Oosterdam next week and heard that Chico's Paradise is a good spot for dinner in an attractive setting. Can anyone tell me anything about it and how much a taxi would cost to get there.

I have been to Chicos Paradise several times. I usually go during the day and have lunch. It's about 45 minutes from the ship. The setting is nice, but if it's dark, I am not sure it's worth going. For me, I would visit during the day and find a nice place in town for dinner. If you give me your e-mail I can send you some photos.

You might try La Dolce Vita, we love it, food is wonderful, the margaritas are fabulous and the calamari is terrific. We eat and drink there every time we're in PV which will be after your cruise, as we are on the next one out. Its located down town and the taxi ride is around 2 dollars per person one way, takes about 10 min depending on traffic. It also has a great view of the ocean and all the water sports going on. I know it seems funny an Italian restaurants in Mexico but trust me it is worth the trip into town for, and your right there for all the shopping. We usually go into to town have a few drinks and some calamari then go shopping, then we come back for dinner. Have a great cruise!

I have spent many winter months in PV and Suggest La Palapa or Daiquiri Dicks for a nice beach front lunch. any cab driver should know where the resturants are in the old town. The taxi fare is $12.00 from the ship unless you walk out to the main road and than the fare is $7.50.

Forget Chico's Paradise.. The only nice thing about Chico's Paradise is the long drive there.

Dennis

177 days at sea

21 cruises

11 cruise lines

T/P, T/A, Hawaii, Central & South America, New Zealand & South Pacific

Booked Holland American ZUIDERDAM T/A 18 nights 03/15/08

CELEBRITY CENTURY T/A 15 nights 12/1/08

Archived