Between these two island tours Oahu...

LegalCat

We want to take a driving tour of Oahu... we have gift certificates with NCL and with shore trips so thats why we want to use one or the other...

the choices are:

Grand Circle Island Tour from NCL: $89 per person, I dont know where it picks up from. Also I dont know what kind of transportation it is...

Get to know Oahu on this all-day tour that covers 120 miles of the top sightseeing spots and even includes lunch. You'll circle the entire island, beginning with a drive past world-famous Diamond Head Crater. On this scenic tour, you'll witness Hawaii's own version of Old Faithful, the blowhole where water erupts through volcanic vents with the force of the ocean behind it! Visit Sandy Beach, a favorite for body surfers and then continue to the North Shore, home to the most celebrated surfing zones in the world, such as Waimea Bay, Sunset Beach and the spectacular Banzai Pipeline. Finally, stop at the Dole Plantation where you can visit the store, sample pineapple juice, and stroll through the pineapple variety garden. Note: This tour is available for guests returning to the ship, or with flights departing Honolulu after 8:00 pm.Guests are responsible for ensuring that their debark tours are compatible with their departure flight times. Guests have the option to book their flights through our Premium Air Department to ensure that flight departure times do not interfere with debark tours.

OR

Off Road Hummer Tour from Shoretrips.com $128 p/p (price went from 75 to 119 to 128 in about 3 weeks) - tour is 5 hours and they pick us up and drop off at the hotel

From the moment you board this vehicle, you will feel empowered, partially due to the stability of the machine and also because of the integrity of the guide. As you travel out of Honolulu, you will see the rolling terrain in the distance and, in no time, you will be off-roading through much of it.

It will be near the summit of the Pali Highway where you get the first hint of the other side of Oahu, a region so green and lovely that it could be a sister island to Tahiti. From the lookout, you can see its many beaches and bays, as well as gorgeous cliffs of the Ko'olau Range which actually separates the windward side of the island from the bustle of Honolulu.

You will head down this incredibly scenic area towards the water and Kaneohe Bay and travel into the southern portion of an estate referred to as The Ranch. This sacred land was gifted to a missionary and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. You will not only learn of its vast cultural background but of its more current place in the history of Oahu. Explore the home of such films as Jurassic Park, Windtalkers, Tears of the Sun, Godzilla, George of the Jungle, Mighty Joe Young, Pearl Harbor, 50 First Dates, You, Me and Dupree and more. You will also explore the site of many hit TV locations, such as LOST, Fantasy Island, and Magnum PI. Spend 2.5-3 hours as your guide gives you the "behind the scenes" details.

Explore the ruins of the Kualoa Sugar Mill; walk through the Bunker Movie Museum; take in the setting of this estate. It is a side of Hawaii that many never get to see. All the while, you will be entertained by your guide, who knows every inch of this land.

I would much prefer the circle Island tour, I have done it a few times. You could save your self a bundle by renting a car with a GPS and doing it on your own, it is very easy to get around all of the Islands. You could use your savings on a nice restaurant. Have a great trip and ALOHA.

Yeah Ive thought about a car as well but we have these gift certificates to spend so I'm trying to find tours I like on some of the islands and then will porbably rent a car on at least one of them :)

Archived