Looking for snorkeling suggestions - STAR itinerary

3 Dog Night

We love to snorkel on our cruise outings. All of these have been in the Caribbean in past years. We're going on the NCL Star 3/15. Is there good snorkeling at any of the ports on this itinerary (Acapulco, Zihuantaneo, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo san Lucas). Are you able to access from shore anywhere? What will the water temp. be like in mid-March?

We were just on the Star. Acapulco, I wouldnt go into the water there period. When we were pulling in there was red tide floating around everywhere! Zihatenajo - Take a water taxi to Las Gatas Beach, go out to the wave break there from the beach (they rent at all the beach restaurants). We tried going out to the sunken statue, but clarity was an issue and water was freezing out there. Along the wave break we saw lobster, different kinds of fish, stingrays. PV-dont know of any good snokeling there. Cabo - good snokeling off of Lover's beach, again you can catch a water taxi when you get off the tender. Water was only 69 degrees when we were there so we passed.

You have to remember that this is the Pacific Ocean, it is cold and murkey....nothing like the Carribean, but we made the best in Zwhat.

Hope this helps?

The Pacific coast is very different from the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean. The snorkeling will not even compare, but yes, the best will probably be Las Gatos beach. I too love to snorkel just cause it is fun. As long as you go early and don't expect to see the same wonders you find in Roatan, Grand Caymen or off the coast of the Eastern Caribbean you can still enjoy yourselves.

Nita

Our favorite place to snorkel in Cabo is Santa Maria Beach. It's a protected cove and the water is smoother. I usually wear a wet suit to be comfortable even though my husband laughs at me. I've been to lovers beach several times, but I don't think I would want to snorkel there. The water is usually rougher.

Archived