How to prepare print-off baggage tags?

TwoMateys

I must print off my luggage tags as I booked within the time period allowing sent documents in the mail. I have printed them but since they are only on computer paper how do people prepare them to protect them or attach them during the luggage transfer process from dock to room etc.

TwoMateys

I used 3M Laminating Pouches that I got at wally world... Five pouches for $2.88...

Here's how they turned out... :

luggagetagVIP.jpg

I attach them to my luggage with plastic zip ties. These things are nearly bullet proof...

I used 3M Laminating Pouches that I got at wally world... Five pouches for $2.88...

I don't have a wally world where I live (NYC). Do you have any suggestions as to what other type of stores might carry laminating pouches and zip ties?

I don't have a wally world where I live (NYC). Do you have any suggestions as to what other type of stores might carry laminating pouches and zip ties?

You don't have a Walmart? Poor child, you need to move to the south!

Any place that sells office supplies will carry the laminant. We just used the twist ties that come with our trash bags to secure them.

luggagetagVIP.jpg

I attach them to my luggage with plastic zip ties. These things are nearly bullet proof...

That is the way to do it. Keep in mind, if you use string, it can be easily broken where with the zip ties, someone has to have a pair of scissors. I laminated the tags also, punched a whole in them and they look very nice and also very sturdy.

I just waited until I got to the pier and used the luggage tags that they had (the same ones that they have alway had). The luggage was at our door before we set sail.

Same here! Seems much easier and just as effective:) .Never had a problem yet!

When you print them out I cut the tag itself off the paper instead of folding all those folds (just fold in half now) and use laminate or packing tape, I did the laminate, works great like everyone said!

Archived