Karioke?

ondeckatsea

It's Kararoke..............and wouldn't it be nice to have it on the ships?

Sometimes the cruise lines have it, sometimes not.............we were on the Zuiderdam last year and they had Karaoke and then they had the Zuiderdam Idol competition. I came in 3rd on the final round and I had a severe cold! But it was fun! I had my own little fan club on the cruise who were routing for me. The competition spanned 3 nights..........It is hit or miss, the cruise lines do it for awhile and then they take a break. I also found that their CDG selection was limited and sometimes worn out. Most of them won't let you play your own CDG if you bring them as they like to control lyric content. Hope for the best and sing your heart out!:D

I never could figure out how to spell that word and was too lazy this morning to dig out the dictionary. The question was my our daughter who is cruising on Caribbean Princess, her first cruise, in June. We usually cruise Royal Caribbean and I know it is pretty big on their ships. She and her husband are both talented singers and would enjoy it.

I know that Carnival has Karaoke every night for about 3 1/2 hours.

It is run pretty much like Karaoke is at any land based bar. You sign up...you wait your turn and you sing...every night,

I have read that Princess has "some version" of this...but I am not certain it is handled in the same way.

If it is some kind of competition...she may be limited to the number of times she can sing.

Let us know how it goes!!

Is there Kareoke on Princess ships, especially Caribbean Princess.

When I sailed on the CB (Caribbean Princess) in November of 2006, they had the "Princess Pop Star" competition, which was basically a karaoke contest. The person that won each evening came back on the last night of the cruise to compete in the finals. It was pretty cool.....it didn't hurt that I won that week either *sheepish grin*. They gave me a neat little prize package with a Princess tote bag, bottle of champagne, box of Godiva chocolates, and a Princess travel clock. :D

I'm sailing on the CB again on a 4-day cruise at the beginning of May, but it looks like for the shorter sailings they may just do some standard karaoke sessions in the club. All of the karaoke had been held in Club Fusion when I was there. There song selection wasn't gigantic, but it's not too bad either. I'm hoping they've updated it a bit since my last time there.

Check the Princess Patter when you get onboard. Those will tell you when karaoke is scheduled, and details, etc. Oh, and if you didn't win one night, you were able to try again other nights if you wanted to. We had a really good group of people singing the week I was there. It was a really great diversity of people.

Have fun!

It's Kararoke..............and wouldn't it be nice to have it on the ships?

Sometimes the cruise lines have it, sometimes not.............we were on the Zuiderdam last year and they had Karaoke and then they had the Zuiderdam Idol competition. I came in 3rd on the final round and I had a severe cold! But it was fun! I had my own little fan club on the cruise who were routing for me. The competition spanned 3 nights..........It is hit or miss, the cruise lines do it for awhile and then they take a break. I also found that their CDG selection was limited and sometimes worn out. Most of them won't let you play your own CDG if you bring them as they like to control lyric content. Hope for the best and sing your heart out!:D

Not trying to be snarky at all.....but I just think it's hilarious that you tried to correct the OP and you spelled it wrong too!

However you feel like spelling it, hope you all have fun with your karaoke!

:p

Archived