Scuba diving in Cozumel

Hopelesslu

Has anyone booked a scuba diving trip for one? I don't dive but my husband does. We were hoping for something were he can scuba and I can either tag along or wait at the beach were he departs. Not sure if this is possible. Any suggestions please. We have never cruised before and are a little unsure about the scheduling through private tours.

There are at least a couple of dive operators that do combo dive/snorkel trips.

http://www.eagleraydivers.com

Blue Angel and click on Dive Trips the information is at the bottom of the page.

Snorkel and Dive Combo.

Departing at 10:00 am for familes that want to share a day together, combination of 2 dive reefs with 3 stops for snorkelers. Divemaster and Snorkel guide on board. Lunch included.

My wife is going to be swimming with the dolphins at 2 pm when we are in Cozumel at the Marine Park. Can you recommend a dive shop close by where I could get a one or two tank dive in at the park or near it?

Thanks

Bob

Has anyone booked a scuba diving trip for one? I don't dive but my husband does. We were hoping for something were he can scuba and I can either tag along or wait at the beach were he departs. Not sure if this is possible. Any suggestions please. We have never cruised before and are a little unsure about the scheduling through private tours.

I have the exact same situation. I want to go for a dive wife wants to stay on the beach.

I have been refered to plya pancar (I know that is the wrong spelling). They have a dive shop right on the beach, the scuba trips leave from the beach, and they bring you right back to the beach. Sounds perfect for me.

• 1 month later...

when will everyone be in cozumel? It may be possible to all get together and charter a private dive. Depends on how many and when. Son and I will be in Cozumel 6-3-08, onboard Carnival "Triumph" arriving 8:00a.m. Trying to find out if that is eastern or central time. Were looking for a dive.

I used Eagle Ray Divers as well and was extremely pleased. The crew (Capt. and divemaster) were great and the boss (and her husband!) couldn't have been more cordial to two nubes!

I used Eagle Ray last Thursday on our Cozumel stop, and we had fun. My only complaint was we waited an hour (planned to leave at 10AM, but didn't leave marina til 11) before we were able to head out. Everything seemed very unorganized, and the guide said we had to wait for Antonio or Chellie to arrive. That was disappointing, since we had limited time. Then, we only went to two spots just outside of the marina. Once we were in the water, it was a blast, but we were only out for 1.5 hours, before the trip was over. Another drawback was they took us to a spot where two other excursion snorkel trips were, so it was very crowded with other cruisers, which I was trying to avoid.

That being said, I heard many good things about them, and the service was great while booking and making payment. Once we got out on the boat, Raul was a very good guide.

My husband is diving with Scuba with Allison and I booked myself on the Mexican Cuisine Cooking tour which takes place at Playa Mia. He'll take a cab over to Playa Mia when he's done and we'll enjoy the beach together then.

Archived