Private Tour Operator -- Bay of Fundy

DD

I'll be in St. John from 8 - 6 and would like to do an excursion to see the tidal change. Can anyone recommend a private tour operator? The Search function is currently down so I can't check that way.

Carnival offers a 9-hour tour; however, when I read the itinerary, there's so much else going on in it that I'm not sure that we would be there at both low tide and high(er) tide.

For the day that we'll be there, low tide of 7.2 ft is at 8:58 am and high tide of 36.7 ft. is at 2:38 pm.

I'll be in St. John from 8 - 6 and would like to do an excursion to see the tidal change. Can anyone recommend a private tour operator? The Search function is currently down so I can't check that way.

Carnival offers a 9-hour tour; however, when I read the itinerary, there's so much else going on in it that I'm not sure that we would be there at both low tide and high(er) tide.

For the day that we'll be there, low tide of 7.2 ft is at 8:58 am and high tide of 36.7 ft. is at 2:38 pm.

If you repost this on the Faq's about Saint John thread i'm sure Acey will be able to help you. :)

If you repost this on the Faq's about Saint John thread i'm sure Acey will be able to help you. :)

thank you - there are also other great local contributors!

As for private tours, there will be a few vans offering local tours outside the terminal gates. I do not know the prices. I would however recommend you ask to see their commercial insurance card - if you were ever in an accident the insurance company won't pay anything for your injuries if the driver was not authorized to take you on a tour in the first place. Legitimate taxis/tour vans have an "H" on their licence plate.

Taxi companies that can book a private tour: (ask for their best tour guide)

Diamond (506) 648-8888

Royal (506) 652-5050

Century (506) 696-6969

Independants:

Hokey (506) 333-6399

Reggie (506) 636-0772

I would call or email the port authority for recommendations as they have authorized taxis that are allowed into the terminal area and meet requirements such as car cleanliness and tour training. Their number is 506-636-4869 or port@sjport.com

Archived