Could someone please help me?? :)

RellaKay

Hi everybody! I have a friend who is going on a cruise (her first one) out of Long Beach. They are going on Paradise, leaving March 31st. She is wondering about a hotel the night before. They are flying in on Sunday and are wanting a hotel (preferably within walking distance) close to the port. She asked about the Best Western Convention Center, but I have no idea. I have never been to California so I can't help her. I told her I would check with all of the wonderful, knowledgeable people on here!:p Also, can anyone tell me if there is anything she should definately bring for this ship (like bungee cords, nightlight, that sort of stuff). I am pretty sure they have an ocean view room, but I am not sure of the room number. Thanks to everyone in adance and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cindy

She is wondering about a hotel the night before.

Cindy

Hi Cindy, I highly recommend The Coast Hotel, you get a balcony room facing the Queen Mary, some nights they have fire works over the Queen Mary and you get to see the Paradise dock around 5:50am while having a cup of coffee.

We stayed in this hotel twice and will stay there again for our Splendor Cruise. Its always walking distance from the Reef Resturant.

The Coast is walking distance from the Terminal but the Hotel will shuttle you over to the Terminal for free anyways, just set up the time to take you over there the night before.

I will try to find you a link on this hotel.

Fred

I second the Coat Hotel recommendation. We stayed there just last weekend and it was ideal for the cruise. It's within walking distance (probably 1/2 mile), but there is also a free shuttle that'll zip you over there. Enjoy!

Because we pay for the Park and Sail package, we leave our car there for the week and also get breakfast with the package it cost us around 153.00 and thats with a deluxe room.

So it can range from 129.00 - 179.00 per night but I think you can do the Priceline thing and get it for lower.

Fred

I stayed there in 2005 and had a great experience. We cruised out of LA, not Long Beach, so we had a rental car, but it was still a great hotel. Surpringly luxe and clean on the inside...and I cannot recommend the Reef restaurant (across the street) enough. They have a Sunday brunch to die for!

Thanks everyone! Keep them coming!

jimbug-did you stay at the Coast or the Best Western? I wasn't sure which one you meant.

Thanks for the websites Fred! I will make sure when she gets back from lunch (I am at work hehehe) I give them to her to check out! Oh! Those pictures were great! Also, I saw in your signature that you have been on this ship, should she bring anything with her that she wouldn't think of?

Thanks again!

Cindy

jimbug-did you stay at the Coast or the Best Western? I wasn't sure which one you meant.

Thanks for the websites Fred! I will make sure when she gets back from lunch (I am at work hehehe) I give them to her to check out! Oh! Those pictures were great! Also, I saw in your signature that you have been on this ship, should she bring anything with her that she wouldn't think of?

Thanks again!

Cindy

Not sure when she is leaving but, it does get chilly there in long beach and it will remain chilly for the next 2 days out at sea. Oh wait, I dont think the Paradise goes down to Cabo, so it will remain chilly outdoors. So bring a wind breaker or sweater.

I sailed the Pride twice now out of Long Beach and once on the Paradise out of Miami when she was the only Non-Smoking ship in the world.

Fred

Thanks again!

Cindy

It was the Coast Hotel I stayed at...sorry for the confusion!

Hi everyone! I just wanted to say thanks for all the help. They looked at the Coast hotel, but unfortunately, I think it's too expensive for them. They are still looking at the Best Western Convention Center.

So, now she has a new question! She is wanting to know the best and cheapest way to get from LAX to the Best Western Convention Center? They have opted out of getting transportation through carnival-hoping it would be cheaper to get a taxi, shuttle, rental car, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions and approximate prices they could share with me?

Also, their flight when they come back isn't until midnight. Does anyone have any ideas on what or where they could go after their cruise? Do any hotels have any day rates?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cindy

Archived