Free Snorkel on 7 Mile Beach?

Memphis2007

Hey!

In Grand Cayman we are doing the Grand Cayman Island Tour (turtle farm, Hell, and other places), so when that is over we are wondering if we can snorkel on 7 mile beach?

When I say snorkel, I mean lock up our valubles in a locker (close to, if not on the Beach), use our own equipment, be on 7 Mile Beach, and snorkel in the waters. Hopefully seeing some fish and coral. Is all of this possible on 7MB (right off the pier)? Or is there any other spots that would be good?

ps- We don't like to be alone in the water (I have a HUGE phobia of sharks so like to be around other people. I use to noe even swim in my bathtub as a kid and close my eyes under the water, thinking a shark would come, silly I know lol) so we would not like secluded. If anything, we would rather more people than less...

So can anyone help us out and give us some tips/area's to go which suits our likings? Thanks!

Memphis :)

it was not very crowded. Sea grapes was pretty crowded. may be 2 or 3 miles.$4 for cb ride and there are plenty at the port.Take 10 min,

Snorkeling was good and lot of fish. Water was not very deep may be 4 /5 feet at the best

Sea Grapes sounds PERFECT! I like shallow sites the best, and with a lot of people and fish that would not make me nervous at all. Are there lockers at Sea Grapes? Also, is it a beach/snorkel area, or is it a resort or something? (what would I tell the cab driver... "can we go to Sea Grape?") lol

Thanks!

Archived