Ontario Flight Saving tip

Hey everyone,

If you live in Ontario and are close to Detroit than Toronto, fly from there. The service charges are less (by about $75.00 CAD)and you don't have to go through customs on the way down. Also with the deals right now from American and Canadian airlines on flights to Florida it is a better deal.

• 4 years later...

If you live close to Toronto, you could do the same from Buffalo. We used it several time already with substantial saving. Usually we have early flights, so we are driving there in evening day earlier, stay in one of the "park, sllep and fly" hotels one night, leave car at this hotel (1-2 weeks, depends on hotel), they bring us by shuttle to airport, and after arrival back they bring us again by shuttle to the parking lot.

Best,

ilya

Or........right now there's a sale on Air Canada for flights from Toronto to Ft. Lauderdale for a ridiculously low price of $98 per way! This goes for flights up to the end of November. So round trip, all taxes in it's under $300. Cannot beat that - and that's Canadian dollars!

We live in Ontario - about 1.5 hours from the Detroit Airport. We always fly out of Detroit when going to US destinations. It's easier all around than Pearson and yes cheaper. We're flying in March for $100 round trip (yup - $50 each way) DTW-FLL. :D Add taxes and luggage fees in and it came to $130/person - still a steal to me! YAY!

I live in Toronto and will fly from YYZ. My money saving flight will be on Sunwing.

I am flying with a friend who has already flown on Sunwing. She tells me that they have comfortable seats, good, hot food and wonderful service. The fares are in CAD$.

Fran

We live in Ontario - about 1.5 hours from the Detroit Airport. We always fly out of Detroit when going to US destinations. It's easier all around than Pearson and yes cheaper. We're flying in March for $100 round trip (yup - $50 each way) DTW-FLL. :D Add taxes and luggage fees in and it came to $130/person - still a steal to me! YAY!

What airline is that??? I need to fly from detroit to FLL first week of April and have been watching the fares but they are coming in at around $500 per person round trip.

What airline is that??? I need to fly from detroit to FLL first week of April and have been watching the fares but they are coming in at around $500 per person round trip.

We are flying on Spirit Airlines. I joined the $9 club. We are flying out on Thursday March 5th and returning Wednesday March 18th. We were watching for a while and tried to judge the best time to book. Tues/WEd/Thurs flights are the best prices. On the way to FLL we stop in New York for two hours, but on the way home it is direct. YAY! Good luck - I hope you find some cheap flights. :)

Archived