Princess Cays diving

MoneyGuy

Has anyone here dived Princess Cays (the Princess private island)? What's it like? I've heard it's quite good. This is from the CC website. Should we dive it on our cruise?

Before diving into the water, you'll meet your crew and the rest of your scuba group. The crew will provide everyone with scuba equipment, as the head guide gives a brief overview of the boat and dive site, which, dependent on the weather, will be located along the southern Eleuthera wall. And for your viewing pleasure, you’ll likely see ancient hard corals, sponges, and fringed with soft coral beds, as well as parrotfish, grouper, queen angelfish, eels, snappers, loggerhead turtles and eagle rays. Guides will be on hand for questions and supervision.

Who Should Go: Active cruisers who want to use their scuba certification in a rarely visited, world-class diving site.

Approximate Duration: Two and a half hours

Takeaway Tip: Remember to bring your underwater camera. Don't have one? A quality underwater case for your non-water resistant camera works just as well.

Any comments appreciated.

Has anyone here dived Princess Cays (the Princess private island)? What's it like? I've heard it's quite good. This is from the CC website. Should we dive it on our cruise?

Before diving into the water, you'll meet your crew and the rest of your scuba group. The crew will provide everyone with scuba equipment, as the head guide gives a brief overview of the boat and dive site, which, dependent on the weather, will be located along the southern Eleuthera wall. And for your viewing pleasure, you’ll likely see ancient hard corals, sponges, and fringed with soft coral beds, as well as parrotfish, grouper, queen angelfish, eels, snappers, loggerhead turtles and eagle rays. Guides will be on hand for questions and supervision.

Who Should Go: Active cruisers who want to use their scuba certification in a rarely visited, world-class diving site.

Approximate Duration: Two and a half hours

Takeaway Tip: Remember to bring your underwater camera. Don't have one? A quality underwater case for your non-water resistant camera works just as well.

Any comments appreciated.

I was told it was a good dive by a crew member on the CB who dived there. I was supposed to dive there in January, but unfortunately, our port there got cancelled as the seas were too roung to tender - would have made for some current diving as well too, I guess.

They say depending on your itinerary, it may be a shallower dive - 40 ft or so, as when we were going to go, it was the last port/last full day of the cruise and many people were flying home the next day, so they said they would limit the depth.

They told me they would take you down a 40 ft coral reef wall.

We are going back in late April on on th the short cruises, and can't wait to dive there. Hope we stop!

We have quite a bit of information about this dive package offered by Princess at our group forum, as we are doing a scuba cruise aboard the Emerald Princess this November. You may have to do a forum search, as we have three pages of postings at the site; but there is a lot of info about the dive package, reviews from divers and comments about this particular dive and general information about Princess Cay.

Feel free to visit the site, and if you do end up diving there before us, I'd love to get your feed back. We're doing a group cruise, and although most of us won't be doing this dive, as we have to fly home the next day, based on input I have been getting, it seems like a nice dive. It's the price - over $100 for a one tank dive, that tends to discourage most people!

GOod luck!

Archived