Avalon Artistry - Any Recent Cruisers?

bobjoek

We have reserved a cabin on the Avalon Artistry for a Budapest to the Black Sea cruise in September. We have previously sailed on ocean cruises, but this is our first river cruise. Some questions:

1. Are there any formal nights? If not, our packing will be much simpler.

2. Is laundry service available on board?

3. Your impressions of this boat.

Thanks,

Bob

We are booked on the Artistry for May 31 - June 10 Bucharest to Budapest. I know your frustration from the lack of reviews and additional information. I will post a comprehensive detailed review when we return. I was told there are no formal nights. We always dress "country club casual" on ocean cruises and will do the same on this one.

we are booked on the Budapest to Buckarest July 3-14 cruise. We also will try to give you some feed back. Everything I am hearing says that Avalon does a great job. One suggestion that I saw, was not to book your cabin under the dining room since it goes noisy when they set up for breakfast. I don't know how that relates to other comments on bow thruster noise when they move at night. We are booked in A-236 so that should be OK.

We are also booked on Avalon Artistry for the Magnificent Europe trip leaving Amsterdam on April 27th.

I'll post my review when we get back ... I'm sure it is going to be a wonderful trip.

Pat,

Thanks for posting. I look forward to your review. I would be interested to know the arrival times in each port and also what time you departed each day. As the height of the river can determine this I realize it may be different on our trip. We will also have a different itinerary.

We have reserved a cabin on the Avalon Artistry for a Budapest to the Black Sea cruise in September. We have previously sailed on ocean cruises, but this is our first river cruise. Some questions:

1. Are there any formal nights? If not, our packing will be much simpler.

2. Is laundry service available on board?

3. Your impressions of this boat.

Thanks,

Bob

Strictly speaking, there are no formal dinners aboard Avalon ships, save for the Captain's Gala. This is one night, when you may feel like dressing up as many other passengers do. However, there are no real formal requirements imposed. Generally, no shorts and no flip-flops in the restaurant for dinner.

Laundry service is available. Some fellow passengers found it a bit expensive, though. You may want to check their price list aboard and act accordingly.

I have cruised aboard the Artistry and positively loved it. This is as good as it gets on the rivers and every aspect of the cruising experience was taken care of in a most professional manner.

EURiverCruiser

Archived