Bringint the drinkies on board???

JagsandJax

Hi all,

I am new to carnival and am very excited to be going on the Imagination in June with my mother, who is turning 60 (still ready to party), and my 2 sisters. Just the girls. I have cruised Disney before but nothing else. On Disney they allowed us to bring our own Alcohol on board. Is that the case with Carnival? I know in the trems, it says no and it will be confisicated. Is this true?

Also, we are staying in the penthouse suite, does it have a blow dryer??

Thanks in advance, I can't wait to try Carnival. I am sure I will have several more questions in the future!!!:D

Welcome to Cruise Critic and Carnival. Pack it well in your checked luggage and you will be fine. Take cover, the non-smuggling police will be here shortly. And I do believe there was a blow drier in our cabin last time on the Sensation, not sure about the Imagination.

We have packed beer in the luggage and had no trouble. We lock the bags before the cruise, and they have never been opened. Friends have taken wine and other bottled booze. Just bring some of the large zip lock bags, and pack the bottles good and put them in the bags. That way if it breaks, it will stay in the bag.

We have never had anything break in the suitcase.

If you don't want all the hassle of trying to smuggle your booze on board you could always call the Bon Voyage department and order some to put in your room. This is what we did on the Imagination this Feb and then we didn't have to think about it again.:)

Just don't carry on the liqour because I've heard they will take it. We've always just packed it very well in our checked luggage and it has always made it. We have also purchased liquor at the ports and just carried them on past the check in desk for liquor- they never said a thing. Have a great cruise.

If you don't want all the hassle of trying to smuggle your booze on board you could always call the Bon Voyage department and order some to put in your room. This is what we did on the Imagination this Feb and then we didn't have to think about it again.:)

What is the Bon Voyage department?

keep in mind that they x-ray all luggage. a friend of mine says he always empties out soda bottles and refills it w/ same color booze.. since i'm a nondrinker, i don't have any imaginative smuggling ideas! but that trick worked for him on 9 cruises.

keep in mind that they x-ray all luggage. a friend of mine says he always empties out soda bottles and refills it w/ same color booze.. since i'm a nondrinker, i don't have any imaginative smuggling ideas! but that trick worked for him on 9 cruises.

You do not need to go to these lengths. The people who x-ray the luggage are looking for weapons not hooch. :D

What is the Bon Voyage department?

It is a department of Carnival that you can phone and have almost any type of bottles of booze paid for and in your room when you arrive. You just need some big thermo cups and the ice and juice from the lido deck or room service and you are all set! I can't find the number right now but I'll look tonight and post it unless someone can help you out with it before then.:)

Archived