Reimbursement for missed ports

Sandra&Ron

Hi Jim and Jennifer,
I remember you from the previous cc board before our cruise..I just wanted to tell you of an incident on the first leg of the cruise, i think it was the second or third day we received our water pitcher back in our stateroom and there was something that resembled ice tea in it instead of water. my husband went ballistic and called our cabin steward and he tells him he left it in there cause he thought we wanted it??? we never had anything but the water they put in it, then we questioned him about getting our SAME pitcher and ice bucket back and he said oh, no they can't be sure you get the same one back. they take them and fill them all the same time..I believe that is how cold and viruses are spread you get other peoples water pitchers and ice buckets and they are not properly cleaned or disinfected, maybe that is where the ships have to start paying attention to curb these transmittable diseases..we never had a problem again and the steward kept apologizing for the next couple of days. my husband got pink eye the first week and I got the hacking cough virus, I did go to the dr. and went on antibiotics and then had to do another course when we got home march 28 it has been 3 weeks and I am finally well and have stopped coughing. This was our 32nd cruise and neither of us have ever gotten sick onboard, in fact we haven't had a cold in 4 years. We were on NCL in October on the Sun and they were sanitizing everything all day long from the day we got on and nobody got sick that I heard about. Sorry you were sick most of the cruise and that you got that dreadful norwalk, we fared better and didn't miss any port activity.

Archived