Another Potofino and Chops question...

My husband and I have never gotten the chance to go to either on our last cruises. We are going to be on the FOS in mid-August. I am a planner and want to plan when we are going to do these two dinners, so I can call ASAP and make sure I have reservations.

So finally my question is .... What days are the formal nights or Lobster night on the 7 night cruise? Those are the three nights we know we want to be in the dinning room. Does the order of the menus change? Are formal nights always the same nights?

Also, can my kids who are 17, 12 and 12 still go to the formal diningroom without us? I know they can behave and do ok, but I was wondering if it would be frowned upon. If that is the Case they can go to the Windjammer those two nights.

I'm too poorly organized and lazy to try to find menus in advance of a cruise ... but we go to Chops on Lobster night because of my shellfish allergies. Instead of messing around with schedules for the dining room, I always just ask at Chops when I walk over to make our reservation on embarkation day. They always have the dining room menus and schedules.

I am a planner and want to plan when we are going to do these two dinners, so I can call ASAP and make sure I have reservations.

Unless you are in one of the larger class of suites, you cannot call and make reservations ahead of boarding for Chops or Portofino. The best way is to go directly to either restauarnt as soon as you board, ask what night is formal night and make your reservations based on that. If you are booked in one of the larger suites, your concierge can make reservations for you if you request them. This does not include junior suites.

Another helpful fact is that on many cruises, the first full day at sea is often a formal night. Also it is often commonly on the second night. It is seldom the last night unless it is a two-night cruise.

Archived