Moby Dick Tour

kgicker

We took the Moby Dick tour and LOVED it! It is a smaller boat so fewer people can go at one time (which is a good thing!). THere are lots of boats at the sand bar that have a BUNCH of people in them. Going with Moby Dick is better because you get more "quality time" with the rays. And the guys that run the show are a wealth of information! You get as much time as you could possibly want to pet, hold, kiss and learn about the sting rays!

If you want to watch our experience with Moby Dick you can view the video clips I took with my digital camera (protected by an aquapac) by going to www.pinkdaisyp.com. Then click on see demos, then click on Family cruising. If you scroll along the bottom of the screen the chapters will pop up. Chapter 5 is Grand Cayman and has lots of great video clips and pictures!

Have fun and BOOK MOBY DICK!

Wendy :)

Believe it or not...just click on the next chapter and you will see Cozumel. We did swim with the dolphins (or should I say our girls did...at $135 per person we decided to watch). We bought the video they took and I edited it and added pictures to it! Hope it helps get you excited about your trip!!!!

We just did a Moby Dick tour on Feb. 20/08 and it was a lot of fun! Their boat was actually pretty full (I thnk 42-44 and they have a max limit of 50 passengers) but it still was waaaay less than those on the boats the cruise ship books. We had 2 guides who got right into the water with us and dove below or just coralled the stingrays as they swam by so that anyone who wanted could hold, feed, touch or kiss them! (all 4 in may group held stingrays, excellent photo op!) Also, the cruise groups didn't seem to have food, so all the stingrays were around us more than them. I'd highly recommend Moby Dick, we had a fantastic time and our only complaint was that it wasn't longer. I've tried to attach a couple pictures, our guides are right beside us making sure we're having a good time.

2129029987_n511007387_596559_54351.jpg.48e2b7029a1e7f897cdad972f9413e71.jpg

1371648176_n511007387_596560_56781.jpg.d5235667b95b78b1db6f81c9657c1def.jpg

Wendy, thanks for posting the link to your video! I watched your Grand Cayman. I loved it! I have a question, do you remember where you went on Seven Mile Beach? I see there were three ships there that day. Did it seem crowded on the beach? We are going in May and there will be only two ships and I'm looking for a quieter, less crowded beach with bathroom/changing facilities. Thank you! (Now I am going to watch your Cozumel video) :)

Hi Wendy!

Thanks for posting your videos! I'm going on Liberty of the Seas in June and plan to swim with dolphins as well in Mexico. It looks like your daughters joined Dolphin Discovery, is that correct? I'm debating whether I should do the Royal Dolphin Swim or the Dolphin Adventure, did you see anyone doing the Dolphin Adventure that day, how was that? Just a silly question - did you have to pay to watch your girls from the pier, were there any entrance fees and such? I don't think my parents are going to join me w/ the dolphins but they'd definitely like to watch! And did you cab there from the port? How far and how much was the cab ride? Sorry for asking so many questions, it's my first time on a cruise and I'm trying to do as much research as I can before I go! Thanks in advance! =)

Rcprncss - I think we were on Sea Grape Beach (?). It was AWESOME! It was not crowded at all. We ate lunch at this beach side restraunt which was really good but really expensive ($110 for 4 of us)...but that is pretty much the way it goes in Grand Cayman I think. I know there were bathrooms there. It was very nice and layed back. I am actually going there on Thursday of this week (not on a cruise this time)...anything you want me to check out for you?

Koobabe - The girls LOVED the dolphin swim...they did the Royal dolphin swim where they are actually in the water with the dolphins (which I guess you saw on the video). It was actually the highlight of the whole trip...they said that was their very favorite thing that we did! I did not know anyone that did the dolphin adventure but I would suggest spending a little extra and going ahead and booking the royal dolphin swim. If you book it on cozumelinsider.com it is a little cheaper than through the cruise line and you can get a $2 off coupon to get in the park. It does cost $12 (?) to get in to the park where they do the swim but they let you watch your kids from the pier (you just cannot take pictures...however, they can take a water camera in the water with them!). We did catch a cab from the pier and it was $12 I think (I think it is $12 for 1-4 people wherever you go in Cozumel - one way). I think it was about a 15 minute drive...not far. Hope this was helpful! Have fun!

The park itself was BEAUTIFUL! We got there early and had a drink at the restraunt they have there on the beach. Then we hung out at the pool for a while...the only thing we were curious about is why the swim up bar at the pool does not serve alcohol!????? But the property itself was beautiful and very clean. I think the girls were with the dolphins for around 45 minutes or so. It was completely worth every penny!

Wendy, thanks again! i can't believe you are lucky enought to go back to GC so soon!!!! :) Good for you! Have fun!

We went to Sea Grape last time. We were hoping to go somewhere else on Seven Mile but now we finally decided to go on a tour.

Archived