Balmoral 4/3 cruise

Whitlow

I am interested in the tours to the Mayan ruins which will be on the itinerary next week. Will there be a critic on this next cruise to give an account of what is available? I have taken a single cabin on the main deck and am interested in what social events will be available to meet same such travelers. Am disappointed that smoking is not restricted as I had hoped other than in the cabins.

I was on the cruise that finished on 3rd March. Smokikng was not obvious on the ship. It is a great trip for single travellers and the single cabins are really double ones. I had a great time.

Maureen (Converted from Cunard to Fred Olsen after this trip.)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anorak33
I am interested in the tours to the Mayan ruins which will be on the itinerary next week. Will there be a critic on this next cruise to give an account of what is available? I have taken a single cabin on the main deck and am interested in what social events will be available to meet same such travelers. Am disappointed that smoking is not restricted as I had hoped other than in the cabins.

I don't know where you heard that smoking is not restricted, it is. For example there are no smoking areas all over the place, and cigars/pipes are only allowed in a couple of places.

Perhaps you mean that you are disappointed thats its not BANNED TOTALLY?

There are often singlle travellers on FO ships, they do tend to be somewhat elderly but not always so.

Life proceeds at a somewhat leisurely pace compared to,say, Carnival, thats probably a better cruise line if you want to be a singles party animal.

Anyway we'll find out as we are also booked on that cruise, perhaps meet you on board, you'll probably be the one fanning the air and coughing so I'll spot you straightaway. (ROFLMAO).

Archived