More Mexican Riviera Pix

SWACK

Beautiful Photos! I really enjoyed looking at them. We were just on the Dawn in Oct 2007, and rebooked the same cruise for March 30. Can you tell me where that Organ was? It really looked interesting, We would love to see it in person.

Patty & Joe

Dachsie5

YOU ENHANCED YOUR PICS VERY WELL...what camera did you use and how did you get such rich colors in your pictures....thank you for taking the time to produce works of pictoral art, especially since you took pictures of my home town san diego and our favorite ports in mexico!!!!

ralph in san diego

Our tip in late Feb on the Dawn, to Cabo, Mazatlan, PV & San Diego

http://good-times.webshots.com/slideshow/562635005KIfFtL

Ralph,

It's a special process where you take 3 exposures of the same shot, need a SLR camera like the Canon XTI I have to take the pix, and then use a program like Photomatix to blend them into one exposure. Here's what they look like before that

2624927670101141247S425x425Q85.jpg

2195871410101141247S425x425Q85.jpg

2297236470101141247S425x425Q85.jpg

and after processing and a little cropping it looks like this

2526911970101141247S425x425Q85.jpg

I just wanted to say thanks so much for sharing your beautiful pictures. I have never been to Mexican Riviera. We just got back from Eastern Carribbean. We have done it enough. Thinking of doing the Mexican Riviera next February. Trying to decide between Puerto Vallarta, Maxatlan and Cabo San Lucas or Mazanillo, Acapulco and Zihuatanajo. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

SO LIKE YOU ARE AN IMPRESSSIONISTIC PHOTO ARTIST, NES'T PAS?

Sure, if you say so!

I barely speak English, so that Frenchie stuff is waaaay beyond me..:rolleyes:

Seriously, not hard to get nice shots in Balboa Park, or the Gaslight District.. really enjoyed both, even if for a short time.. We need to go back, especially since we got 16 inches of snow this weekend..

2050746010101141247S425x425Q85.jpg

This is our idea of a fun day at the beach on lake Erie....

I just wanted to say thanks so much for sharing your beautiful pictures. I have never been to Mexican Riviera. We just got back from Eastern Carribbean. We have done it enough. Thinking of doing the Mexican Riviera next February. Trying to decide between Puerto Vallarta, Maxatlan and Cabo San Lucas or Mazanillo, Acapulco and Zihuatanajo. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

PV Matzalan and Cabo are more traditional itinary, ACA Zihua and Manzanilo are more southern and probably warmer. I would suggest the first one if you haven't been to Mexico before. But then again water in February at Cabo is really cold.

Ralph,

It's a special process where you take 3 exposures of the same shot, need a SLR camera like the Canon XTI I have to take the pix, and then use a program like Photomatix to blend them into one exposure. Here's what they look like before that

2624927670101141247S425x425Q85.jpg

2195871410101141247S425x425Q85.jpg

2297236470101141247S425x425Q85.jpg

and after processing and a little cropping it looks like this

2526911970101141247S425x425Q85.jpg

Thank you so much for posting these incredible pictures

WOW :)

• 3 months later...

Great photos!! It brings back such wonderful memories of our cruise on the Dawn in Feb. [ we may have been on at the same time].

We spent the Sat. before boarding in Balboa Park. It is so beautiful and the weather was perfect.

Thanks again for sharing your beautiful photos/art work with us. It makes me want to go back and see it all again.:D

Kris

PV Matzalan and Cabo are more traditional itinary, ACA Zihua and Manzanilo are more southern and probably warmer. I would suggest the first one if you haven't been to Mexico before. But then again water in February at Cabo is really cold.

it was nice in cabo when we went in Feb

and it was whale season !!! we took a lil water taxi out to see the whales it was CRAZY .. and FUN

but our favorite port was ixtapa, then cabo, PV, manzanillo, mazatlan, acapulco

in that order , but everyone is different, if you can, do the longer cruise from SF to mexico it includes

Ship: Norwegian Sun

Ports of Call: San Francisco, California; Mazatlan, Mexico; Acapulco, Mexico; Acapulco, Mexico; Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo, Mexico; Puerto Vallarta, Mexico; Cabo San Lucas, Mexico; San Francisco, California

or theres also some 10+ day ones on holland america, then you get a good taste of all the ports,

the one from SF is 800 per person, i would do it in a heartbeat

We too have done the Caribbean/Bahamas and it's totally different from the Mexican Riviera. We did the MR back in 3/04 and it was great fun and beautiful -- just different than the Caribbean. Our favorite port was, and still is, Puerto Vallerta -- very jungle-like and pristine. We are really looking forward to our cruise at the end of September! Let me know if you have any other questions....

Archived