Shore excursion suggestions-Carribean cruise

funtimer

We are going on a week cruise on the Seabourn from Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas to Charlestown, Nevis; Fort-de-France, Martinique; Basseterre, St. Kitts; Jost van Dyke, British Virgin Islands and Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands. The ship is offereing shore excusions at each port. Any suggestions for shore excursions?

Thank you.

We are going on a week cruise on the Seabourn from Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas to Charlestown, Nevis; Fort-de-France, Martinique; Basseterre, St. Kitts; Jost van Dyke, British Virgin Islands and Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands. The ship is offereing shore excusions at each port. Any suggestions for shore excursions?

Thank you.

Hi in St Kitts, I just did a taxi tour of the Island, which is easy to do as you walk off the pier, it went to all the points of interest that a SB excursion would do and was quicker, as no waiting around etc.

The Baths at Virgin Gorda are good fun and good snorkling etc there, plus a lovely beach.

I believe in Fort-de-France we did the SB snorkle trip which was not very good as waters/fish not as good as some of the other ports.

Nevis just got a taxi to the Four Seasons Resort and stayed on the beach for the morning.

hope the above helps

what week are you on?

deb

Try the horseback riding on the beach excursion in Nevis. It is a great experience! At Jost Van Dyke, be sure to try a "painkiller", although I wouldn't recommend level 5! :D

Host Dan

On a SeaDream cruise, we just rented a car and headed off into the countryside (the roads are fine). I believe we visited a rum distillery and found a lovely place for lunch. It is an option worth considering. (We do not speak French, but find that a smile is recognized in any language.)

If you return to St Thomas you should read the thread about the Seabourn in St Thomas--I placed a comment that described our air port transfer--if you have an afternoon flight and most of them are--avoid going to the airport in the morning. If you must get boarding pass by computer on the ship! You need the boarding pass to get in the waiting area--without it you are stuck on the curb! Don

• 3 weeks later...

I highly recommend that you do not take the SB Quad Bike tour in St Kitts! The "bikes" are old, cheap, poorly, maintained pieces of junk.The tires are worn, the brakes didn't work and the foot platforms are made out of string, rather than metal. One rider's foot went through and it is a wonder that he wasn't seriously injured. In addition to the other problems, the contractor didn't supply goggles or eye protection. If that isn't enough, the ride was boring. It was more like a kid's pony ride rather than an ATV adventure. On the way back to the ship, the contractor, driving a van with bald tires, had to stop for gas and later to pick up his wife and young daughter. There are other things to do that could be fun...don't waste your time on this shore excursion!!!

Archived