Bringing our own folding chairs aboard

Mak - thank you for your opinion - I was really looking for fact - not just a "ummm I don't think so...." "Ummm I don't think so adds nothing to this universe - let alone message board ;)

BTW - I love all these people who respond with "I think (how am I to judge your intelligence)", or "maybe (that one also helps a lot)", or "I don't think (see previous)" ;)

Please take this in the spirit it was meant - more as a joke...

If you're going to ridicule me, at least quote me correctly, please. ;)

Mak - thank you for your opinion - I was really looking for fact - not just a "ummm I don't think so...." "Ummm I don't think so adds nothing to this universe - let alone message board ;)

BTW - I love all these people who respond with "I think (how am I to judge your intelligence)", or "maybe (that one also helps a lot)", or "I don't think (see previous)" ;)

Please take this in the spirit it was meant - more as a joke...

My 2 cents. No, you were not looking for fact. You have already made up your mind that you want to bring the chairs and are looking for "approval". If you didn't want opinions, then you should have asked RCI instead of here on the boards.

Your comments come across as mean spirited and not as a "joke".

This is just my opinion.

I find this thread hilarious...the ultimate defense against chair hogs...bring your own chair-HA!!:p

But seriously, the pool staff is rather particular about the pattern of the chairs, to allow safety access and such-they don't even like it when you MOVE one of their chairs out of the pattern-they surely would frown upon bringing your own.

Funny though.:D

My apologies for the mis-quote - though there was a ;) there somewhere...

I was commenting with a friend about stupid subject lines (see current topics that detail the subject of the thread like: "Is It Worth It?"), and that got me on a jag - you were just collateral damage ;)

I have brought them on probably 15 cruises...any time we are planning a few days at a beach (and are driving to a port). There are plenty of times when beach chairs aren't available, or can't fit in a small shaded area, which is where I generally like to sit. I haven't used it on board, just in port. Yes, they fit through the xray machine without a problem.

They are no larger than a large suitcase (width etc), and should fit through an XRAY machine... It's not like we're talking about carrying them on an airplane...

I meant the x-ray machine when you walk on board, not one that luggage goes thru. Seems to me those are smaller and a large suitcase won't fit thru.

If, in addition to our 2 kids, my mom, our 10 suitcases, 5 carry-ons, portable kiddy potty, older DS's backpack (full of homework), our camera equipment, and my purse, I told my husband that he would additionally be carrying some folding deck chairs...I think he'd throw me overboard!!:eek: :p

The chairs may seem like more to carry - they are actually less. You can carry almost the equivalent to an airline suitcase (carryon). And that goes on your back! You do tend to be a wide load though ;-)

Actually, it's a fact that pool security doesn't let you put things in the walk ways. They come around and make you move things out of the way including deck chairs that have been moved.

Too bad the same pool security does NOTHING about chair hogs and people lighting up on the non-smoking side.

Haven't seen this one, and wondering if it's possible... We have VERY comfortable folding lounge chairs complete with leg rests - they have big pockets in the back for towels, books et al...

I would love to bring these for both the balcony and the pools (no need to worry about chairs, and you by default have the most comfortable chairs on the ship)...

Anyone have info???

Great idea. Just strap them onto the rollaboard beer cooler and you're good to go!!!:p

Not sure if any one mentioned it, cuz I didn't read the whole long and boring thread, BUT the first thing that occured to me is that you can stuff a bottle of booze in the chair before you throw it in the bag! Perfect!

Haven't seen this one, and wondering if it's possible... We have VERY comfortable folding lounge chairs complete with leg rests - they have big pockets in the back for towels, books et al...

I would love to bring these for both the balcony and the pools (no need to worry about chairs, and you by default have the most comfortable chairs on the ship)...

Anyone have info???

Unbelievable! Don't forget to wear your "It's all about me" T-shirt.

Bring the chairs if you want. If you can carry it, why not? I don't bring alcohol on board, I don't understand why people do that, but I don't jump all over someone who says they do because I'm not on the cruise to monitor what other people are doing.

Archived