paradise beach Suggested changes

crzer

Hi Tom, went to PB on 10/14 and water was really dirty and bad, hey you do not control the weather, go bitten by two (jelly Fish) are they common in October there? Have marks to prove it. Got very sick that night. The beach ( sand is beautiful). Hubby likes it so we went back on 12/14/07 with the family. I do think the Iceberg is too far into the water it was over 10feet deep there. Must it be a such depth? other thing I need to point out is that the floating mats, are green and slimy. Has something been done about that lately. These need to be taken out and cleaned or replace. I am bringing this up because my family and I are going to be in Cozumel on 4/4/08. The food is great my husband enjoys the big platter ( sampler) a whooping $45 last time I checked. A little pricey, but good, the chips and slasa are good, price is reasonable. Hopefully it did not change. The guacomole dip was good as well. my biggest gripe is on the beer. $14 for a bucket of 5. C'ommon make it at least 6 of them. `Hubby and I have to fight to see who gets the last one. 3&3 is better. Also the bracelet for the toys was $8 on 10/14 and $9 in December and now I read it is $10. Comon guys we do not make money so fast here in USA, contrary to what everyone thinks. Thanks for lending an eye. There is always room for change.

Hi Tom, went to PB on 10/14 and water was really dirty and bad, hey you do not control the weather, go bitten by two (jelly Fish) are they common in October there? Have marks to prove it. Got very sick that night. The beach ( sand is beautiful). Hubby likes it so we went back on 12/14/07 with the family. I do think the Iceberg is too far into the water it was over 10feet deep there. Must it be a such depth? other thing I need to point out is that the floating mats, are green and slimy. Has something been done about that lately. These need to be taken out and cleaned or replace. I am bringing this up because my family and I are going to be in Cozumel on 4/4/08. The food is great my husband enjoys the big platter ( sampler) a whooping $45 last time I checked. A little pricey, but good, the chips and slasa are good, price is reasonable. Hopefully it did not change. The guacomole dip was good as well. my biggest gripe is on the beer. $14 for a bucket of 5. C'ommon make it at least 6 of them. `Hubby and I have to fight to see who gets the last one. 3&3 is better. Also the bracelet for the toys was $8 on 10/14 and $9 in December and now I read it is $10. Comon guys we do not make money so fast here in USA, contrary to what everyone thinks. Thanks for lending an eye. There is always room for change.

You've got to be kidding!!!!!

Yes the ocean does get stirred up..... but jelly fish? The water around the iceberg has to be deep in case someone falls off. How would you like to fall off and hit the sand! The most expensive item on the menu is 15.00 the Mexican Platter is 15.00..... Yes the beers are for buckets of 5 and are 15.00 I will give you that. That is pretty cheap! The admission Fun Pass is 10.00. You are not required to buy one but you are asked to spend at least that in food and drinks. Sorry you had such a poor time at Paradise Beach. I have been 4x times and every time I felt I got more than my money's worth out of it. The food is fabulous, the staff great and the place is spotless. I think you are in the minority of wanting to see changes at PB.

There is a platter for $45, but it is a seafoof platter. Unless the op did a land vacation you can count the post out as being a reliable one. cant visit two beaches on two different days while on a cruise.

There is a platter for $45, but it is a seafoof platter. Unless the op did a land vacation you can count the post out as being a reliable one. cant visit two beaches on two different days while on a cruise.

I noticed that too ...

however perhaps it was a land vacation that they had taken to Cozumel.:)

I myself am doing the same at the end of this month ,

and will happily report my findings in the Cancun section ;)

which is quite possible to have happened in this case

I noticed that too ...

however perhaps it was a land vacation that they had taken to Cozumel.:)

I myself am doing the same at the end of this month ,

and will happily report my findings in the Cancun section ;)

which is quite possible to have happened in this case

Not when they were on a ship... Look at the previous posts...

You've got to be kidding!!!!!

Yes the ocean does get stirred up..... but jelly fish? The water around the iceberg has to be deep in case someone falls off. How would you like to fall off and hit the sand! The most expensive item on the menu is 15.00 the Mexican Platter is 15.00..... Yes the beers are for buckets of 5 and are 15.00 I will give you that. That is pretty cheap! The admission Fun Pass is 10.00. You are not required to buy one but you are asked to spend at least that in food and drinks. Sorry you had such a poor time at Paradise Beach. I have been 4x times and every time I felt I got more than my money's worth out of it. The food is fabulous, the staff great and the place is spotless. I think you are in the minority of wanting to see changes at PB.

Hello, this is Mexico, where the dollar still goes a bit further. You can buy a case of 24 beers ( corona, 2xx, and other mexican import here in USA for $ 18. This being an import to USA, in MExico they probably get it for lets say the equivalent of 5 usd. That's the case. Labor, well the guys are very educated and good service, yes it is great, however, they were very quick to tell me both times that they get tips, no salary. Overhead is lower. Yes I do know it takes quite a few pesos to keep the place clean, I can appreciate that, Bathrooms are clean and so on. What I am trying to say is beer can be cheaper, there. Add 1 more to the bucket, All the other items in the menu are ok, but again this is Mexico. I own a few businesses myself, and feel that I rather sell, alot, at a lower price, than 1 or 2 items at a higher price. On the mats, have you seen the floating mats anchored in the water, they are green. That is with the moss, or slime, They can use some cleaning. The iceberg, well, when the server wanted to sell me the bracelet back in Otober, for $8, now $10 he told me the water is about 5-6 feet by the iceberg. I do not like to be lied to. Not much of a swimmer, my kids are. But I can see that they may need it deeper, just tell me streight up. So that I avoid it. The seafood platter, is $45 who knows how much now, the shrimps are good, a small lobster tail, and mostly conch fritters or who knows what, very hard and chewey. ($20) at Red Lobster. All and all our bill for 1st time was about$145 with tips. The second time with 3 kids, it was over $260 w/ tip. and that's before we rented jets ski or any other activites. Those virgen drinks ( or smoothies) can add up. as to the jelly fish, well that is what the ship doctor called the big blisters, he said jelly fish stings, bites, and my fever shoot up to 104 that night, so he called a bad raction to being stung. I still have the scars. But, hey I am not saying that is PB fault. It is the ocean and when one goes in the water those are the risks, or worse. However, because these people are in this enviroment all the time, they can caution guests. But, then again, it can be bad for business. Maybe it was another type of fish, who knows, the discolored scars I have in my abdomen and on my thigh are now a part of me. I will go back to PB as a matter of fact ,I am cosidering going again in April. Maybe I see the blue crystal clear water, everyone talks about. I go to key west an rent a Jet ski for $90 / hour over there in Mexico is for 3omin a bit pricey, It is not just in Mexico, but many of the little islands and port, think because we are American we are loaded with money and jack up all the prices. It is funny but Americans can get alot more bang for their buck right here in America. I think that these places are nice but pricey and they better take a second look, or American might smart up and start discovering our own land and keep the money here.

You are more than welcome to post a review, that is what the board is for. We as other CC members have the right to question your review based on alot of incorrect infomation.

1) I would like to know were you can buy a case of corona for $18 as I pay that for american beer, Corona on sale is $12.99 for 12. And really that shouldnt matter if I go out to dinner a beer costs me around 3 right here in the states.

2) In mexico they refer measurement to meters and such, so a mexican waiter would not know feet.

3) Not sure what float mats you refer to but none are ancored, unless your talking about the trampoline.

4) The food price kinda goes along with the beer price, they have a right to charge the stated menu price, its called business for a reason.

5) I know the jet ski's cost $55/ half hour, did you ask for an hourly rate?

6)In previous posts you claimed to have boarded the ship on 10/14, you say that you were at PB on the 17th, but you also claim to have been at Nachi on the 16th.

Your spelling reminds me alot of a person that speaks very good spanish, and some english. Were are you located?

You are more than welcome to post a review, that is what the board is for. We as other CC members have the right to question your review based on alot of incorrect infomation.

1) I would like to know were you can buy a case of corona for $18 as I pay that for american beer, Corona on sale is $12.99 for 12. And really that shouldnt matter if I go out to dinner a beer costs me around 3 right here in the states.

2) In mexico they refer measurement to meters and such, so a mexican waiter would not know feet.

3) Not sure what float mats you refer to but none are ancored, unless your talking about the trampoline.

4) The food price kinda goes along with the beer price, they have a right to charge the stated menu price, its called business for a reason.

5) I know the jet ski's cost $55/ half hour, did you ask for an hourly rate?

6)In previous posts you claimed to have boarded the ship on 10/14, you say that you were at PB on the 17th, but you also claim to have been at Nachi on the 16th.

Your spelling reminds me alot of a person that speaks very good spanish, and some english. Were are you located?

I am as American as apple pie. 4th Generation European. Army Brat, lived in many places. I tend to type fast and do not double check my spelling, call it short hand if you will. As for languages I am fluent in 5 of them. There were some mats next to the trampolines that were green. they seem to have been anchored in the water. As for the beer, it can be found for that much on sale. In a restaurant here in USA I do not mind paying $3 / bottle after all it is imported from MEXICO. I took the Carnival Legend on October 14 out of tampa, or something like that. If you want the actual dates, I can have my personal assistant email them to you,smarty. It arrived in Cozumel on the 16 or 17, Went to Nachi, it was wavy and very dirty and the taxi guy recommended PB. He said the water sometimes changes as you go further down. Then I went back on another cruise on 12/02/07 Royal Carib out of Miami. Guess ehat water was still bad. The sand was nice. The chairs and set up were nice. Money is no problem for me, however I do not give it up easily. After all, this not how I made my first million, nor my others. I like to travel and enjoy it, but do not like to overpay if I do not have to. I simply made, a suggestion and you are all offended by it. These are simply my opinions, take them for what they are.

I simply made, a suggestion and you are all offended by it. These are simply my opinions, take them for what they are.

You are entitled to your opinion. We are as well. And I'm sure most other members will take your post for what it is worth.

Archived