Ferry to Water Island

MARKBUICK76

I was in St. Thomas this February on the Costa Mediterranea. I am always looking for a new beach to explore, especially where the cruise crowds won't be. I did some research on the internet and found an island just off St. Thomas called water Island. The Mediterranea docks at the Crown Bay dock and the ferry to Water Island leaves a the Crown Bay Marina. There is a beach called Honeymoon Beach On water Island. It sounded nice so we gave it a try. The ferry is a short 5 min. walk from the cruise ship. Just ask some of the security guards or taxi drivers to point you in the right direction. The ferry was $9 r/t. The ferry ride is 10 min. It is a quaint little Island and every one is so friendly. The beach is a easy 5 min. walk. It was like having our own beach. There were about 10 other people on the beach with us. A person sets up a barbeque and sell food and drinks at a reasonable price. The snorkeling was pretty good at both ends of the beach by the rocks. We saw an octopus, baracuda and various other fish. It is one of the nicest beaches I have been to. Don't get me wrong. Trunk Bay is beautiful, just too many people. Save your money on the ship excursions and go to Water Island.

Thanks for your report. We are off on the Noordam March 8. We wanted to go to Honeymoon Beach last time. This time we will definitely do so. It seems like a no-brainer, particularly because the ferry pier is just a few hundred yards from the ship.

Archived