How to Look 10 Pounds Thinner in Photos

Last year we were dressed for hiking before we boarded. We have a nice picture of us with radiant smiles but I sure wish we were wearing different clothes. Oh well, everyone loves the photo but me. Next week I'll be wearing make-up and pretty clothes when I board.

We, too, were casually dressed when boarding the ship. First cruise, no one told us that they take your picture. Totally off guard! This time, I will dress a little nicer so we have a nice photo to remember our getting on the ship.

Also plan to take more pictures inside the ship this time. Most of the pics I took were from the balcony and our excursions. People wanted to know what the inside was like and all I had was pictures of the pool.

I never buy the boarding pic. Getting up early, getting to the airport, flying to wherever, waiting on line to board ship.......too many hours to even look half way decent. :( lol Next month it should take me door to ship-door (Newark to San Juan) a good 8 1/2 hours. :eek:

Happy cruising everyone.

Heather!!!! Love your Glamour shot!!! Hee Hee!!

We had the same exact hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!! I am laughing so hard......same exact!!!!

You know....the poufy perm.....the starchy hair....lots and lots and lots of curls!!!!

I would post my senior pic, but I do not have a scanner and of course, it is not digital....

But, just picture by permy, poufy hair with the bangs, big pink glasses, pink lipstick, and big 'ol silver platter earrings!!!

But the key to getting good pics is to relax.....smile naturally....stand at an angle....and be yourself!!!

Ohhhh...another one.....Many women put their hair up on formal nights and then get their pics taken. If you are having your photo taken and you put your hair up....it will not show in the pic. It will look like you have short hair....or like you are all face. I know...been there, done that.

I need advice on how to look like less of a dweeb in my photos.:rolleyes:

I used to blame the photographer, but I've come to the conclusion that it is me. Just got back from our cruise and we would check the photo gallery now and then for our pics, they were hysterical. Evidently, l have passed my un-photogenicness along to my sons. :D

I don't get it because we have been told many times that we are a good looking family. :)

Great article. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to need it. I broke my arm last week - exactly one month before leaving on a Caribbean cruise. No more gym for me, no more arm toning, or ab exercises - all I can do is sit around (and eat). And, I'll still be in a sling for the cruise . . . I figure my arm slung across my mid section will make my belly look thinner :p Can we ad that to the list of photo-slimming tips?

Also, thank you for your sweet comments in my post about 'which night for this dress?'. You brought a smile to my face :D

try camo-ing it with a large square silk scarf tied the old fashioned way, and acessorize it w/outfit du jour..

but like photos if good. since I;ve done camera work b4, this is what I do..if alone...never a full head to toe, only if behind waist high prop..then lean on one arm turn a little to your best sidehead up, wil minimize the under chin, cock your head a little, think a kinda naughty thought, and a twinkle will appear in your eyes, and a Mona Lisa smile will come to your pretty mouth. glance upwards w/eyes..1-2-3 clik..and yes tougue bhind bottom teeth..if w/someone else..stand 3/4 bhind them, turm outside shoulder to camera, this narrows your top part, follow the above steps, from the turn alittle point. Some close eyes til photographer says on 3.open eyes,,your pupils will be smaller.and u dont look like a scared rabbit...and being a rtd hairdresser, some higher hair, older gals, away from face, and a soft whisp over brow, and a stroke of blush over forhead. I hate the Glam shot poses too, and always do my own. my best one is in the big curve of the Grande piano, holding the red rose against a cream 3pc dress. Same rules as stated

This thread made me think of the second formal night picture I bought while we were on the Destiny. My arms looked like ham hocks, squeezed against my sides; DH had his bald spot shining in the flash...I bought it anyhow.

We had been on the beach in Antigua that day and we were both so sunburned (even with sunblock). It was so awful that it was funny. I had to buy it and it is displayed on my living room wall. We still laugh about it when we look at it. I'll see if I can get my scanner running so I can post it.

Archived