Carnival slumber party??

gypseemommy

I was just looking over one of the Capers for Camp Carnival and saw a slumber party listed. Are the kids from different age groups combined for that (I will have one child in the 6-8 group and one in the 9-11 and they aren't happy about being seperated!)? What is the fee? How long does it last?

TIA!

I'm REALLY hoping to be able to talk them into letting my 9 yr old DD go with my then 8 yr old, that would fix the entire problem. My 9 yr old is very small for her age so if the counselers would allow it, no one would ever question her being younger just by looking at her. I've read that is unlikely, but possible.

I'm REALLY hoping to be able to talk them into letting my 9 yr old DD go with my then 8 yr old, that would fix the entire problem. My 9 yr old is very small for her age so if the counselers would allow it, no one would ever question her being younger just by looking at her. I've read that is unlikely, but possible.

Actually it's not THAT "unlikely"

We had no problems keeping kids together on our Carnival cruises. If you are asking for the 9 year old to be held back into the 6-8 year old group, I am betting you won't have a problem.

The problems usually come when someone wants their 3 year old to join their 9 year old. ;)

When you go to register the first night, explain that you don't think your 9 year old would be comfortable in the older group. Ask them to put her on a 24 hour probation in the 6-8 group. They should be able to do that for you. Just ask NICELY :D and I am sure they would be happy to help.

We were able to keep friends' kids together on Carnival. My kids dont want to be together...lol. I think they like to cruise just to be able to get AWAY from each other ;)

Mine are just the opposite! They are only 19 months apart in age, plus they are homeschooled so they are literally together 24/7 and are the best of friends. When I told them that on the cruise they would probably have to go to 2 different groups it was actually my older daughter who was more upset about being away from her sister. She said that she absolutely did not want to go at all if she wasn't with her sister, LOL. My younger daughter was atleast willing to try it. Hopefully we'll get lucky and they'll go for it. I'll definitely mention them trying it for 24 hrs first to see if that will help sway them. Thanks!!

I was just looking over one of the Capers for Camp Carnival and saw a slumber party listed. Are the kids from different age groups combined for that (I will have one child in the 6-8 group and one in the 9-11 and they aren't happy about being seperated!)? What is the fee? How long does it last?

TIA!

If you are talking about the after hours party(babysitting) they will be together watching movies, play video games. There is a fee after 10pm.

The all night party is a sepreater thing.6-8 went one nght until 1am. It was $25 they have all kinds of acrivities. The 9-11 party is a different night $25 and goes until 3:30am. The counselors deliver them to their cabin. They play games, go to aracade, make pizzas, etc.

We were on the Carnival Conquest last week, and during the slumber party we saw children of all ages in the same room. It might depend on how many children of each age are on a particular cruise. During the regular day the kids were seperated 2-5, 6-8, and 9-11.

When my niece (9) cruised last year, they let her move down an age group so she could be with her cousin (8). However, she did move up to her own age group (9-11) after a few days and told us that she wished she had been in her age group the whole time. She liked the activities better. Although we wanted her to be comfortable, I wish we had made her do her her own age group from the beginning.

As with all things, it probably depends on the ship and the facilities on each ship.

I know that on Elation, the 6-8 year olds were able to easily see and interact with the 2-5 year olds during the slumber party.

On Sensation, there was a door/wall dividing those ages. When my oldest wanted to go to see the younger one, she asked to do it. They allowed her to go.

I honestly didn't notice any child older than that on Sensation/Elation during the slumber party. The older ones had their own facilities. And they didn't come over for the younger kids slumber party. They had their own.

Archived