Info scuba certification

Hi, I am so excited and thought most of our plans were in place for 3/28 and sailing away on the Explorer. Now my DH wants to get certified in Scuba diving. Can anyone tell me how much time on the ship and when you have to participate to get scuba certification (and how much it costs). My DH is interested but doesnt want to take up too much time in classes. Any info is appreciated. Thanks in advance, Happy Sailing!

I'd strongly suggest calling a local scuba store tomorrow and signing up for the book, classroom, and pool time at home. Take the check out dives in port so you can dive and enjoy at least some. That will keep the lessons from cutting into the cruise...and gives more time to study and really understand the physiology of diving etc...as knowledge is power for scuba. Learning it quickly and not really understanding it all can lead to an accident, and often there is only one accident under water without a second chance.

That said, diving is a blast and I am sure your DH will love the sport. I probably will not dive until our December cruise and then after a refresher course since it has been a while since I was in the water. If DH likes uw photos, there are several on www.ddvtx.com

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived