looking for a camera for snorkng

rgwiazdzinski

i am looking for a decent underwater camera for snorkling. we don't ever have any plans of doing in diving so i don't need anything that will go to deep. i have been looking at Vivitar VIVICAM-6200W and was wondering if anyone had any advice. i don't want to spend a ton of money on one but i also want to have decent pictures so any advice would be appreciated.

I do not know about that camera, but Olympus has a camera out that is waterproof to 30 feet that takes great pics from what I am told.

http://www.adorama.com/IOMS1030SWSV.html

This is just one retailer- I am pretty sure that if you look around, you can get thie camera for cheaper - I was told by a friend that she got hers for the mid $200's.

i am looking for a decent underwater camera for snorkling. we don't ever have any plans of doing in diving so i don't need anything that will go to deep. i have been looking at Vivitar VIVICAM-6200W and was wondering if anyone had any advice. i don't want to spend a ton of money on one but i also want to have decent pictures so any advice would be appreciated.

I was looking at this camera as well. 6MP + flash for cheap...any advice on it would be great.

http://www.pbase.com/iflyrc5/aruba_snorkeling

I took the photos from the above link with an Olympus Stylus 720SW. This is a great little camera for snorkeling - can do movies or still shots. This is a little older model - they make several "SW" versions that are water proof from 10 feet to 30 feet. Just remember to blow the water off the lens when you get back on board before taking any shots.

I have this and it works nicely but below about 30 feet I would suggest some type of artificial light.

http://www.goprocamera.com/index3.htm

sample pics they were taken at approx 50 ft

Looks like a good choice for me, considering price and being able to attach it to my wrist! Will only be doing snorkeling, so wouldn't need additional light, right? Do you order directly from gopro? Thanks for your help.

Looks like a good choice for me, considering price and being able to attach it to my wrist! Will only be doing snorkeling, so wouldn't need additional light, right? Do you order directly from gopro? Thanks for your help.

Was a Christmas gift from wife she picked it up at Circuit City. One word of advice take batteries out of it during transport mine kept turning on and used up the batts

Archived