What's your favorite dessert?

topspot

We agree with Cruisun - and I believe it is called Capuccino Bombe' (or something like that). Sadly, we have not seen it offered on our last two cruises (Veendam and Prinsendam).

We had the chocolate cappucino bombe on our cruise a few weeks ago aboard the Westerdam. It was a memorable dessert. :)

We liked it so much, we asked our head waiter if he could get us more on another evening, and he came through. I love dark chocolate, and this was the best dessert ever.

It was a giant ball of coffee ice cream covered in a hard dark chocolate with coffee crunchies inside. Not sure I have the name right but it was "the bomb". Desserts all around were outstanding on the Noordam this year.:D

We had this on our 11 day Maasdam cruise, but it was absent from the prior Westerdam 7 cruise and the following Zuiderdam 7 day cruise. It was billed as the "Cappuchino Bombe" and was served on the first of three formal nights. :) YUM!!!

I liked the chocolate cake with raspberry sauce that was on the 24-hour menu (Noordam), but I'll have to agree with others who said the Cappuccino Bomb! Sooooo good! HAL described it like this: "Frozen Cappuccino Bomb: For sophisticates only, a coffee flavored ice cream coated in bittersweet chocolate." Aren't we sophisticated?! :) Here's a photo to torture you:

Frozen Cappuccino Bomb

Here are some other dessert photos I took:

Jamaican Calypso Mud Pie:

Jamaican Calypso Mud Pie

Berries of the Forest Crisp:

Berries of the Forest Crisp

Master Chef Rudi's Double Strawberry Cheesecake:

Master Chef Rudi's Double Strawberry Cheesecake

Chocolate Tear Drop (another fave of mine):

Chocolate Tear Drop

Caribbean Rum Cake:

Caribbean Rum Cake

Opera cake (?):

opera cake

Double chocolate pie (?):

double chocolate pie

Cranberry pumpkin pie (?):

cranberry pumpkin pie

Photos of the Dutch Chocolate Extravaganza start here:

Dutch Chocolate Extravaganza menu...

Happy drooling... ;)

(If anyone has a copy of the menu/description for the ones I don't have, I'd love to get a copy.)

You people are really mean here, especially dr1ce with all the photos. It's just about dinnertime here, I'm starved, and have to wait till October for my HAL cruise. All I'll be able to think about is the yummy desserts I have to wait so long for!

Archived