Spring Break?

patterson3

Anyone know when spring break officially starts? I'm looking towards next winter and would like to cruise before the spring break crowd cruises, so we're looking at early February (1st or 2nd week)...Do any colleges/universities have spring break that early or should we be safe that time of year?

whooops -- not sure if this will be a duplicate post or not... last one did not post.

We went in the last week of February, [and no spring breakers that i could tell] so your time frame sounds about right.

I think the Colleges start "break" around the first week of March.

• Administrators
Anyone know when spring break officially starts? I'm looking towards next winter and would like to cruise before the spring break crowd cruises, so we're looking at early February (1st or 2nd week)...Do any colleges/universities have spring break that early or should we be safe that time of year?

Are you only trying to avoid colleges? In the US spring break for all levels of education (elementary through college) CAN be any week during February through any week in April, with a little lean toward the end of Feb. through the first of April.

You MAY be fine during the first 2 weeks of Feb, but it's not a guarantee, depending on the actual spring break time for schools year your embarkation port.

The 1st and 2nd week of February are usually light on kids as is the last week in February. The 3rd week in February is usually packed with kids due to the President's Day Holiday. Spring breaks usually start the first week in March and go through the last week of April.

Thanks for all the responses!....I just got off the Fascination sailing 3/3-3/7 and had a wonderful time, but the atmosphere did seem a bit like being at a frat party at times...lol...So for the next cruise we're hoping for something a little more relaxing!

Archived