Stingraycity tour operator?

Sujust

We have an adult group of 7, and are coming to GC on Celebrity Constellation 4/2. We are not sure to take the ship tour or an outside operator to stingray city. We are all adults and generally prefer smaller or private group activities. I saw a mention of Moby Dick...any other suggestions? Or ones definitely NOT to do?

Thanks, Sujust.

Hi,

We went with the Native Way tour, Rays, Reef and Rum Point. We had a great time.

There was only 15 people on our boat. We first went to Stingray city before any cruise ship tours arrived. Then they took us to a reef if was amazing! Finally we ordered lunch and when we arrived at Rum Point it was hot and waiting for us. We were back in time for a little shopping and then back on the ship. The cost was $60.00US pp. There was a staff photographer, who took pictures at Stingray city and she did show you your photos but there was no pressure to buy.

They did ask for a tip at the end of boat tour but they did not pay much attention to who was putting a tip in.

We would highly recommend them.

Grand Cayman is beautiful!

:)

Hi,

We went with the Native Way tour, Rays, Reef and Rum Point. We had a great time.

There was only 15 people on our boat. We first went to Stingray city before any cruise ship tours arrived. Then they took us to a reef if was amazing! Finally we ordered lunch and when we arrived at Rum Point it was hot and waiting for us. We were back in time for a little shopping and then back on the ship. The cost was $60.00US pp. There was a staff photographer, who took pictures at Stingray city and she did show you your photos but there was no pressure to buy.

They did ask for a tip at the end of boat tour but they did not pay much attention to who was putting a tip in.

We would highly recommend them.

Grand Cayman is beautiful!

:)

I also highly recommend Native Way. We had a similar experience as that of the previous poster.

http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/

We also did RRR. We had 12 on our boat, all spoke ENGLISH!!!!!! YAY!!

We had such a great time, Sharon at Native Way was like a big sister who wanted to make sure we had a great time, she really took extra good care of me and my daughter. Our guides were hilarious and very entertaining yet professional and we felt completely safe at all times. I just can't praise them enough!

Another vote for Native Way. There were only 5 of us on our RRR tour at the end of Feb. I'm so jealous that you still have your Cayman trip ahead of you.

Wondering why the English was a big selling point, Jane? Was it the crew or the other passengers you were worried about?

I just got back from the 2 hour snorkeling and stingray city tour with Captain Marvins and loved it. There were about 15-20 of us on the boat, piloted by 91 year old Captain Marvin itself. It was without a doubt, the highlight of our cruise and my only regret was that we didn't book the longer tour.

Avoid the big operators like Capt Marvins, they do a good trip but it sounds like you want to keep your group together.

See if Dexter Ebanks (Fantasea Tours) can take you on his catamaran.

Email: Dexter@dexters-fantaseatours.com

Tel: (345) 949-2182 • Fax: (345) 949-5459

When we toured with Captain Marvin there were just 8 in our group. Four couples, known of us knew each other.

Another vote for Native Way. There were only 5 of us on our RRR tour at the end of Feb. I'm so jealous that you still have your Cayman trip ahead of you.

Wondering why the English was a big selling point, Jane? Was it the crew or the other passengers you were worried about?

Because the week we sailed it was Carnavale (sp?) in Brazil and it seemed like practically our entire cruise ship was filled with pax that didn't speak English! It was just nice to be amongst ppl who spoke the same language as us after 5-6 days of all Portuguese. Not a huge deal, just nice to hear English. On one of our tours when we were playing with the dolphins we couldn't hear the guide b'c the other ppl in our group didn't speak Eng so they were chattering amongst themselves and not listening to him at all, kinda stunk b'c they were loud and we really wanted to hear what he was saying. Also the non-Eng speakers tended to chatter right thru the announcements on the ship and we wanted to hear them...stuff like that. I knew the Native Way crew spoke English, that wasn't a concern at all. Sharon is originally from New York actually:)

whenever we head to GC we use carsons stingray tours... they are awesome they take our group only.... and after stingray city we usually go over to rum point or kaibo beach and relax the rest of the day....

they are great

How many people are in your group? Their boats are pretty big. I am affraid of big tours :-)

Native Way get my vote - 5 of us did this back in September its a bargain at $60 with the three stops and lunch. Other friends went with some other tour company and ended up at Rum Point for lunch after paying $70 for their tour they then had to buy lunch as well. For us with Native Way it was already included.:)

I have booked Captain Bryans twice. He will take you snorkeling first if there are too many boats at Stingray City. The last time I was there, we were the only boat there. That was simply incredible....

Cheers!

We are going back to GC for our 2nd year in a row and we made our reservation to stingray city and rum point with Carson's, they are a family owned and run business. They are awesome and cheaper than the other companies that do both stingray city and rum point.

We almost booked with Moby Dick this time when it was taking awhile to hear back from Sharon at Nativeway. I'm SO GLAD we didn't book with Moby Dick because we saw that boat and it was PACKED! Much too crowded for my preference.

I was able to get a confirmation with Nativeway and it was AWESOME! Much smaller group and very personable guides.

FWIW

Cynthia

Have to give my vote to Nativeway. Absolutely the best IMHO!!! Going back for the 5th time March 09 and will book with Sharon again.

FYI...Who ever you book with, don't do the ship excursion! We did that the first time and it was not much fun. We were packed on the boat like sardines. (About 35 of us) When it came time to do the stingrays we had to go a few at a time and only got about 5 minutes in the water. Along side of us was the Nativeway and Marvin's with about 10 to 15 people and they spent the whole time there in the water all of them. So naturally we started booking our own trip.

Have to give my vote to Nativeway. Absolutely the best IMHO!!! Going back for the 5th time March 09 and will book with Sharon again.

FYI...Who ever you book with, don't do the ship excursion! We did that the first time and it was not much fun. We were packed on the boat like sardines. (About 35 of us) When it came time to do the stingrays we had to go a few at a time and only got about 5 minutes in the water. Along side of us was the Nativeway and Marvin's with about 10 to 15 people and they spent the whole time there in the water all of them. So naturally we started booking our own trip.

Great point...we also went with Native Way and all 12 of us on board were able to be in the water at the same time the whole time. We really feel like we got a better sting ray experience than the folks on the neighboring boats that had to go in shifts, whining kids waiting their turns, waaay too many ppl in the water in their immediate area which scares off the rays...

Archived