Do all NCL ships have FOD events?

zyezye

Hi all,

We are lesbians sailing on the 10/31 Dawn. I noticed on a Freestyle Daily paper for another NCL cruise, they had FOD events. Does anyone know if this happens on each cruise? We want to be able to connect with other gay/lesbian cruisers.

Bobbi

I have sailed on many NCL cruises and there has always been at least one FOD party. Last year on the Wind we had 6 FOD parties. See the CD or his/her's assistant to get one scheduled. If you are a suite passenger your concierge can take care of it. Have a great cruise!

I have sailed on many NCL cruises and there has always been at least one FOD party. Last year on the Wind we had 6 FOD parties. See the CD or his/her's assistant to get one scheduled. If you are a suite passenger your concierge can take care of it. Have a great cruise!

I agree.. And we had a great time on the Wind also...

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed on the NCL Sun in February and every day on the itinerary there was a FOD meeting in one of the lounges. No party plans, but you could at least meet people. We (gay couple) met a great couple of lesbians, and did lots of different things with them over the week.

Funny thing was, one of the girls didn't know what "friends of dorothy" was on the itinerary, luckily her girlfriend knew it!. From what I have been told, if there is nothing on the daily itinerary for NCL, jut find the cruise director and ask them to put a "meetin" in the daily schedule and they will.

Have fun!

Hi, I am a lesbian and have gone to afew FOD meetings and must say my partner and I are usually the only women with all guys. The guys have always been very nice but would like to meet other women.

I was on NCL Dawn in July no FOD meetings but not needed either I was on Rosie's cruise we were all gay and lesbian. Was a great experience. I well be going with her on her next cruise in July 2005, New England/Canada.

Was really a good experience and Rosie was all over the ship. It cost more but the entertainment and cruise experience was worth it.

Another way to spot other lesbians is look at photos taken from boarding you can pick them out from that.

Happy cruising.

Bev

I am leaving on the NCL STAR on Wednesday, 10/20, and have a letter prepared to give to the CD upon boarding. I am requesting an FOD party and that it be announced in the daily activity sheet. I will let you know how it goes when I return on the 28th.

Has anyone else been either on the STAR or another NCL ship where Ricky Matthews was the CD? If so, what can you tell me about him?

Thanks.

Hi all,

We are lucky in that we are personal friends with the cruise director on our Dawn cruise. He and my partner worked summers together at a conference center. So I'm hoping he will put FOD event on the calendar!

Bobbi

Archived