Group Tour Coordinator Question

primetimegirl

I am confused? I have a large group sailing on the Pride of Am. I was told that they would use the “1-for-7” Tour Conductor Structure. I assumed that for every 7 paying passengers, the 8th would be free, if I had 14, 2 free, and so on. I have a total of 46, and NCL is only crediting me 2 passengers, one cabin. Is this correct? Please reply and let me know what you think or know.

Do you have the group contract that is stating you receive 1 for 7? If so, contact your group agent or TA and question the number of free cabins...without seeing the group contract, it is hard to answer your question....I haven't seen NCL offer 1/7 on the NCLA products, so it all depends on your group contract....If it is one for 7 it is one free berth for every 7 rooms, double occupancy..which would be the 14th guest and the 28th guest etc. 3rd and 4th passengers do not count towards the total passengers.

I may be wrong, but I think it's in the catagory that is most booked also. Say you have only 3 cabins in balcony, and 7 in OV. You would get the 1 for OV. They don't add the 3 balcony, 3 inside, and 1 OV to get the total. Again, I could be wrong.:confused: But maybe that's where the discrepancy is.

I may be wrong, but I think it's in the catagory that is most booked also. Say you have only 3 cabins in balcony, and 7 in OV. You would get the 1 for OV. They don't add the 3 balcony, 3 inside, and 1 OV to get the total. Again, I could be wrong.:confused: But maybe that's where the discrepancy is.

Incorrect...all cabins count, however the category with the most cabins booked is the amount of the free berth is based on. For ie...3 balcony and 7 ov....the free berth rate would be based on the OV since there are more cabins booked.

Incorrect...all cabins count, however the category with the most cabins booked is the amount of the free berth is based on. For ie...3 balcony and 7 ov....the free berth rate would be based on the OV since there are more cabins booked.

Thanks for the clarification, I knew there was something about that.:)

Do they give you anything for partial counts? Maybe I have 2 and almost 3 free passengers, I still would like your comments on this. Do they do anything in way of onboard credit, chocolate covered strawberries, or other in room goodies? I know from reading these boards, you cannot always believe everything they tell you at NCL. It all depends on who you talk to on any one day. I do not want anything I’m not entitled to, but I would like to get what I have worked so hard to earn.

Do they give you anything for partial counts? Maybe I have 2 and almost 3 free passengers, I still would like your comments on this. Do they do anything in way of onboard credit, chocolate covered strawberries, or other in room goodies? I know from reading these boards, you cannot always believe everything they tell you at NCL. It all depends on who you talk to on any one day. I do not want anything I’m not entitled to, but I would like to get what I have worked so hard to earn.

No partials...I would have to say again, it all depends what is in the group contract as far as tour conductor credits,amenities etc. Are you the group leader? Did you book directly with NCL? If so, ask them to email you the group contract and everything should be stated on that. Groups can be different on each ship and each sailing date as to what is offered, so it really does depend on the contract. Let us know and we can help more.

I am the group leader and I booked through a TA. She has not been much help throughout this whole process. When I asked her about the credits, she said they only gave me two. When I asked her to explain, she was very vague, said it had something to do with her commission. She didn't really explain it when I asked her to clarify what they had told her, she said she didn't know, that its just what they told her, we had two. I don’t mind her making her commission, I just want what I am entitled to. My TA didn’t seem to know for sure. That’s why I’m asking here, just for a second opinion. Is NCL correct with the two, or should it be three? What started off as a cruise for my husband and I for my 50th birthday has turned into a large group cruise. I am new at this and need all the help I can get.

Also, I had compass points to use, she didn’t even know about theses. I told her they had to be used on my cabin, so I wanted the cruise line credits to go to my son & daughter-in-laws cabin. I am paying for both cabins. She now has them listed as cruise conductors? I think I need to be listed, as I am the one that has done all the work, and for any future cruises I may get together.

I am the group leader and I booked through a TA. She has not been much help throughout this whole process. When I asked her about the credits, she said they only gave me two. When I asked her to explain, she was very vague, said it had something to do with her commission. She didn't really explain it when I asked her to clarify what they had told her, she said she didn't know, that its just what they told her, we had two. I don’t mind her making her commission, I just want what I am entitled to. My TA didn’t seem to know for sure. That’s why I’m asking here, just for a second opinion. Is NCL correct with the two, or should it be three? What started off as a cruise for my husband and I for my 50th birthday has turned into a large group cruise. I am new at this and need all the help I can get.

Also, I had compass points to use, she didn’t even know about theses. I told her they had to be used on my cabin, so I wanted the cruise line credits to go to my son & daughter-in-laws cabin. I am paying for both cabins. She now has them listed as cruise conductors? I think I need to be listed, as I am the one that has done all the work, and for any future cruises I may get together.

Ok Thanks..this helps a bit. First ask your TA that you would like the copy of the cruise group Confirmation showing the credits received and choices that you have to pick from. 2 credits seems way to low for a 1 for 7 tc..The credits have nothing to do with her commission, unless she is using the credits for a bonus commission, which means you would not receive them. (She will still receive her normal commission, but you can exchange points for bonus commission with the cruiselines.)

If you want your son and dil to get the cruise credit they would need to be named as the tour conductor...It has no bearing on any cruises you may take in the future. If you are named, they will go to your cabin.

All of this should have been decided upon first booking the group, so all your questions would be answered then. It sounds like she may not be experienced with group bookings. When are you sailing?

Once you hae the contract, let us know...it will have your points and TC listed ....that should clear up any questions...if not post here:)

We sail on May 24th. I don't think she is very familiar with group bookings. That is why I was asking here. So she may be using some of the credits for a bonus commission? I will ask her for a copy of the contract, if she will let me have a copy. Thanks again.

We sail on May 24th. I don't think she is very familiar with group bookings. That is why I was asking here. So she may be using some of the credits for a bonus commission? I will ask her for a copy of the contract, if she will let me have a copy. Thanks again.

I think your mistake was thinking that it was every 8 passengers. I was told it was every 8 cabins. That would make a difference in the number of free cabins. We have been talking about a family group cruise and that was the information given to me by the group department at NCL.

I have a total of 46 passengers, a total of 22 cabins. All are BA balconies on deck 11. How do you add it up?

You just missed getting a third. You receive one free berth (bed) for every eight cabins. You would have gotten a third free berth if you had managed to book 24 cabins instead of 22.

I have a group and was advised for every 8 cabins there is a discount of $564.00. I found out by booking an advance wedding dinner reservation that my TA was selling cabins under my group (so they could receive a discount) and didn't offer me any discount. They advised me in advance they would try to sell cabins and put them with my party and would give me the benefits. Well they did not and I caught them. After a long complaint email to the president of the company-they gave me what they had promised. NCL slipped out the information and I recently picked up a check from them plus a $50.00 on board cruise credit. I will book wtih NCL directly next time or a different TA. They can be sneaky (not all ones no offense to the good ones)

Archived