Bad Monarch OTS Experience 3-3-08

Hi all,

Appologies if this is a duplicate thread however the search option on CC is down right now.

I have read on CC before of rooms on the Monarch of the Seas smelling like sewage and other foul smells. I need to know who/when/what cabins!

I have a huge stink right now with Royal Caribbean because the guest services guy refused to move me (understood it being a fully booked cruise) but ALSO would not even send someone to look at the problem.

Getting back to my room, it reaked of bleach so bad I couldnt even go inside. Having been an Ast. Engineer and Front Desk Manager of a resort for 7 years, I went back to the front desk asking for any assistance, and leaving my cell phone number stating that I would be staying in the lounge should they need to find me.... bags in tote.... I planned to stay the rest of the cruise out of the lounge.

Later that day walking back down the hall, I could see fans blowing in the hallways, and staff holding their noses and making foul faces. Walking up to one, my room attendant, I asked if he knew where the smell was coming from..... he replied "What Smell"!!!!!!!

Thats when I had it..... honeymoon cruise or not.... I love cruising.... but this, and MANY other things that happened to me on this cruise really makes me question the staffs interest in passengers, and not just their paychecks.

Anyway- I'm wondering if ANYONE ELSE has experienced a bad smelling room on the Monarch. Any information would help as I'm trying to help RCCL understand its not just me that has experienced bad smells, and bad service in response.

Thanks in advance!!!

Archived