Penthouse Amenities?

EdNottingham

First cruise on Ocenia, but did the R3 before Ren went under and know we love the ships. Sailing on the Regatta for the holidays (out of MIA), and just curious what the amenites are. We've read the materiual (mini-bar, butler), and I've searched this board for more info.

Anyone with first hand knowledge what what the perks are? Is the mini-bar complementary? Is it restocked? Are there setups? What does the butler do? Blah, blah, blah.

Thanks in advance.

Ed

Returned last week from the European cruise and was in a Penthouse Suite. The biggest perk and enjoyment was the size of the room and storage available. We have been on 12 cruises and this layout was absolutely the best. Believe it or not, we did not use all the drawer space. The tub was great for my wife. No bumping into each other. Lots of closet space and hangers.

The mini bar is not free and is restocked nightly by the butler. For us, the butler brought canapes (sp?) at 4:30 PM daily. Not much but nice. We found out that when the Polo Grill is open (after 6:30 PM) he can deliver apetizers from there ie: prawn cocktails. Brought me fresh limes for my drinks. He also can make the dinner reservations for the 2 select restaurants. I would definitely choose this room category again! At the end of the trip I tipped him an additional $20.

Thanks Placerville ... just the information I was looking for.

Not sure if Oceania has changed the rooms (other than the beds), but when we sailed on the R3, we also loved the size of the cabin. Just returned from the Baltics on the Dream and splurged for an "owner's" suite which was "cozy" to say the least. Much smaller than the 322 sq feet we looking forward to during the holidays.

Thanks again. BTW, was Oceania as strict about passengers bringing wine, liquor on as some others have become?

Thanks so much.

Ed

As of June, when we cruised on the Regatta, you were allowed to bring wine, liquor etc. on board. The corkage fee for wine in the dining rooms was $20. Your butler will provide wine openers and ice buckets and wine glasses. We had a Penthouse Suite. When we had the same cabin on Ren. it was a cat.B. We did a Baltic cruise and loved the ship and our cabin. Have a wonderful cruise and if I can answer any questions, please email me.

Joan

• 3 weeks later...

What a small world it is! Ed, Mark said to tell you hello. I came over here to see what kind of line my friend Claudia is sailing on, and here you are! Come sail with us on Radisson some time, you'll love it.

What a small world it is! Ed, Mark said to tell you hello. I came over here to see what kind of line my friend Claudia is sailing on, and here you are! Come sail with us on Radisson some time, you'll love it.

And Pam we'll get you on "O" one of these days too ;-)

Archived