I work at Royal Caribbean call center in miami

MikeZigler

Welcome Mike!

My husband and I will be cruising the Navigator Western Caribbean cruise on May 14th. We are flying into FLL as it's much cheaper than MIA. Just wondering if you knew what the cheapest way to get back from the Miami port to FLL airport? Does RCCL offer one way transfers? I think it might be cheapest for just the two of us to rent a car. My husband is in insurance and able to get us a car for $35.

Also, we are planning on spending the night before in Miami and was wondering if you had any hotel recommendations? I'm looking for something reasonable and possible oceanfront. We are under 30 so would South Beach be more fun?

Thanks

Hi, Mike. I have a quick question...how much weight do those pullman-style bunk beds (that are often in cabins for 4 people) hold?

I'm a large person (250lbs) who will be sharing a cabin with 3 other large people and we don't want to kill each other. :D

Hello,

i probibly do know more about cruising then the average person whos never sailed before.

on the first day of sailing, i would recommend going to the persers desk,

Exactly where on the ship is the persers desk? Do you think there will be a long line?

Welcome to the Board, Mike, I hate to disagree (you'll find it happens here!) but you may not be able to get first off just by asking. On our Navigator Xmas cruise the purser's desk wanted documentary evidence of flight time (which we had) before issuing colored baggage tags for first off.

Mike & Serene56,

Thanks so much for your help! I've contacted my travel agent and she is going to talk to my mother-in-law and assure her that taking a taxi-van instead of the transfer bus would not only save us money, but may be necessary for us to use in order to make our return flight comfortably. I really appreciate you taking the time and sharing your advice!

iv worked at RCI for several months now at the call center

alot of travel agents have brought this webpage up, finally decided to check it out, great forum and great information here

Just curious -- what, generally, do the travel agents say about this board?

• 3 weeks later...
Just curious -- what, generally, do the travel agents say about this board?

:o

i only had a couple of T/A's talk about cruisecritic.com of all the calls iv taken.

i wish more Direct Guests would have known of this webpage. this webpage is very useful and helpful in answering questions from first hand experience

Mike Zigler,

Why doesn't RCI show all cabins available on their web site?

I checked availability for our upcoming June 17th sailing on the Vision and two of the online TA's, Expedia and Orbitz, listed 35 cabin numbers available. RCI listed only 12.:confused:

I check these periodically for possible cabin selection improvement.

Archived