Explorer of the Seas

From my experience on Explorer (2X in six months) the shows may possibly be the same- the live entertainment changes on a regular basis. I know they do move the shows around, so the chances are good that at least one show will be different. I know the ice shows tend to stay with the ship for a few years. I am going on EOS in April and I was told there is a new ice show from the last time I was on- although one poster stated it had been on NOS at some point- which is fine with me because we haven't bee on NOS.

We were on the 11/23 - 9 night and they premiered the new ice show on this cruise. I think it was called Ice Wars. It's more of a competition style show, so it really gets the crowd in.

Also not sure if they were doing the Dancing competition show before. This is a contest were passengers compete and then gets narrowed to 2 couples who dance at the official cruise show. The votes were decided by the crowd. Similar to a Dancing with the Stars type thing minus the stars.

Anyone, some of the shows were new from when were on the ship back in 2005, but a few were the same.

We are going on her again in 2009 and can't wait:)

There are 2 ice shows on the Explorer for the 12 night Southern. One is Spirits of the Seasons which is the regular ice show seen on other cruises and also Blades which is the extra show for the 12 night. Spirits is really outstanding. Invitation to Dance is a contest type of show where couples compete to be in a professional style show and the audience will vote for the couple they like best. Lounge entertainment, production shows and comics, etc. can change depending on the cruise so it's too early to tell what will be on the ones this year but we are doing it again this Nov.! We loved the one in Dec:D

Hi Belfast Castle, we are on this ship on Sunday for the 12 night. I am from the same neck of the woods as yourself so I'll try and remember to take the compasses home then I should be able to answer entertainment questions.

Myself and my wife use the restraunt in the Castle quite a bit, we actually had our wedding reception there, it's very nice:)

Lawrence

Lawrence - Don't forget the Resolve tablets for Tuesday morning!:D I should imagine it will be hopping on St Pats day at sea! my DH has asked if he has permission to join in with celebrations - what could I say but ok if I could joint in too;) Hollyanna (England)

Lawrence - Don't forget the Resolve tablets for Tuesday morning!:D I should imagine it will be hopping on St Pats day at sea! my DH has asked if he has permission to join in with celebrations - what could I say but ok if I could joint in too;) Hollyanna (England)

Not a problem:). I have noticed your name on the roll call thread, though you don't seem to have been about for a while. I think a few of us on the M&M are intending to go for a few after. Though I will have to take it a bit easy untill later that evening as my wife would never forgive me if I turn up drunk for dinner on the first formal night.

Lawrence

sounds like the one we did last year - I am so envious - we are trying to decide on a November cruise - difficulty getting dates sorted - the Grandeur of the Seas goes on 10th November and looks like it will be that one -just trying to get some info on the Grandeur.

Hope you have a wonderful time

Let me know how you get on

Barbara

Archived