anyone ever go deep sea fishing in cozumel ? if so, with whom?

docliz

I called Carnival today regarding deep sea fishing (as I was having a hard time all week trying to book this excursion). They told me that our cruise , March 16-23 on the Legend had only 4 tickets available for fishing. We needed 3 - but 3 were already taken so there was only one ticket left. I would think they would have more than that. I kept asking him if he was sure that was all that was available. He said yes. I asked him if there might be some available when I got on board. Answer was no. Has anyone ever gone fishing with a charter in Cozumel that you would recommend? Apparently Carnival doesn't think too many (only 4) would want to do this.

Did you ever find out anymore on the deep sea fishing? The DH and I are interested in booking, but was trying to find out more information. I would like to do this only if it does not take up the entire day at port! If you have anymore information on this, please share with me. Thanks :o

By the time you pay the cruise lines for three individual spaces you can afford a private charter. A boat all your own four half-day is generally about $400.

Google "fishing cozumel" and contact three or four providers. Some offer "economy" charters that are even cheaper than the $400 above mentioned. Often with economy you can save about $100. It's a smaller boat, but they fish the same Caribbean and catch the same fish.

By the time you pay the cruise lines for three individual spaces you can afford a private charter. A boat all your own four half-day is generally about $400.

Google "fishing cozumel" and contact three or four providers. Some offer "economy" charters that are even cheaper than the $400 above mentioned. Often with economy you can save about $100. It's a smaller boat, but they fish the same Caribbean and catch the same fish.

Mr Jim, which company do you work for or own? Per Board rules you should be able to answer as its a direct question.

Mr Jim, which company do you work for or own? Per Board rules you should be able to answer as its a direct question.

To answer a direct question it's Cozumel Charters & Wahoo Tours

http://www.fishingcozumel.net and http://www.wahootours.com

If this breaks any rules, I hope they just delete the post and not my membership.

We just returned from a week in Cozumel and for the second year in a row went fishing with Albatros Charters. They do an outstanding job and Rita and Burak, the owners, are terrific people. They offer 4, 6 and 8 hour trips and are very flexible on times. Last week we caught 3 barracuda and 2 big Dorado (one was 45+ pounds), plus another huge Dorado that threw the line after 25 minutes of fighting! Jose and Julian, the captain and his helper, did an excellent job and even cooked up some of the fish for us for lunch right there on the boat (I think you have to do the 8 hour trip for that.) If you contact Rita, tell her that Marilyn and Dan recommended them!

My husband & son used Papa Hogs last time we were there. They absolutely loved it and would book with them again without hesitation. They are considering doing it again during our cruise in June. They caught some fish and the guys cooked and served them the fish afterwards from their restaurant for lunch. They said it was the best tasting fish they ever had.

• 2 weeks later...
That's who I'd go with.

My husband & son used Papa Hogs last time we were there. They absolutely loved it and would book with them again without hesitation. They are considering doing it again during our cruise in June. They caught some fish and the guys cooked and served them the fish afterwards from their restaurant for lunch. They said it was the best tasting fish they ever had.

We have used them twice and caught fish when everyone else was getting skunked! They go above and beyond to find the fish and make sure you enjoy yourself. IMHO of course

Archived