Sunset Beach Question

DollyCruise

I don't know about showers, but I have heard that there is a place to use the bathroom and change clothes. Since this is a resort and most people have their own room to go back to and change in, I'm not sure about the showers. You could try and find out at their website at: [url="http://www.sunsetbeachresort.com"]www.sunsetbeachresort.com[/url]. Or you could call their 1-800 number at 1-800-261-5013.

You picked a nice resort to spend the day and it's only 5 minutes away from the dock. I know they have towels and bathrooms and other amenities like free food and drinks, but I didn't see showers. The ocean was still very churned up from the hurricanes when we were there last Thursday so we just stayed in the pool. They were really pleasant at this resort so you should have a great time.

Just back from Sunset Beach after cruising on the Conquest last week. There are showers near the edge of the sand to aid in removing the salt and sand.. as for private showers.. I did not look. I saw someone mention towels.. fortunately we had taken ours from the ship, when I inquired about using towels from Sunset Beach.. I was told I needed a towel voucher.. none had been offered to me when checking in. The pools are also great for removing the sea from the body.. and you can swim up to the bar at the same time and get your favorite drink.

My expectations of Sunset Beach were actually exceeded. Food was easy to find and quite tasty.. we all enjoyed the jerk chicken very much. Everyone was very pleasant and the setting was just great.

The snorkeling was fun out near the rocks in the center of the beach area near the center of the resort. Visibility was not great but acceptable. I assume the storms had stirred things up a bit. All in all.. short trip from the boat.. great scenery, great food, great service and a great time.. it was a steal for $20.

When we returned to the ship, we heard almost everyone suggesting they had not enjoyed their day in Jamaica.. most indicating they didn't understand why we had even made the stop.. while everyone in our group was taking home fabulous memories of Sunset Beach - Jamaica... YEAH!

TomTerrific~ Glad to see you made it on the cruise. We were also at Sunset Beach last Wednesday :) We loved it.... in case you didn't figure it out....I was the girl "Debra" that got crazy during the Name that Tune Contest and won the bottle of rum... I had to share it with that crazy lady "Lisa", but I had a great time!!!!! We loved the Conquest, how about you?

Debra

TomTerrific~ Glad to see you made it on the cruise. We were also at Sunset Beach last Wednesday :) We loved it.... in case you didn't figure it out....I was the girl "Debra" that got crazy during the Name that Tune Contest and won the bottle of rum at Sunset Beach... I had to share it with that crazy lady "Lisa", but I had a great time!!!!!

We loved the Conquest, how about you? Did you make it to the talent show? That was hysterical... Loved Harrold and Willy!!! Did you ever hear anything about the ship that was sinking? That was so bizarre. We spent most of our nights in Henri's or Vincent's.... what a party crowd on that ship, eh? Write and let me know.. I've posted a review on the main Carnival page, feel free to write there.

To those of you who have not been to Sunset Beach. You will love it... it is so worth the money. Lots of fun, great food, GREAT DRINKS, and great people!

Debra

• 3 weeks later...
sea u onboard~ There is a little minature golf place for the kids and a playground right off from the pool area. Since my children were not with me, I never thought of asking. However, since this is an ALL-INCLUSIVE resort, I would guess it is all included in the $20 fee.

For those of you who have not been to Sunset Beach and are going in the future.... do not be scared by the armed guards at the entrance of the resort. You get dropped off at a gatehouse right outside of the resort and then a security guard will walk you to the desk. The gates are really tall... maybe 20 feet or so, and it is quite scary when you first arrive. I am not sure if the guards were armed due to Hurricane Ivan having just been there, or if this is how they are at all times. With only girls in our group, we were a little uneasy about the procedure.... but would do it again in a heartbeat!

This question's probably been anwsered before.... Sunset beach sounds great ...

Do you need to contact the resort before going?

I see nothing on their website mentioning cruise ship passenger "day rates".. So. Is the $20.00 pp day rate the standard posted rate? Is the front desk staff aware of the "day rate" plan, because some resorts only accept "day vistors" during off season, or the front desk staff plays "ignorant" about any "day rates" when the resort is full.

Sorry about all the questions, and thanks for any info.

Srpilo

Archived